eleven

❝Ap? Itni izzat kab se?❞

Rabeel's face could split into two with the way she was grinning like a maniac after stepping out of Riya's house

Rabeel's face could split into two with the way she was grinning like a maniac after stepping out of Riya's house. Mrs. Aashita Agarwal had agreed to cancel her daughter's marriage with Vihaan after she'd mulled over their words and she was going to have a proper chat with Oliver and his parents. Shazain had told her that his parents lived in Liverpool, so it would take them some time to arrive as Oliver had not yet told them anything about his love life or the random engagement. Aashita had given him a disapproving frown but didn't make a huge deal out of it and said that she was okay with it as long as he was willing to do it the proper way. A huge weight had lifted off both their shoulders and Shazain couldn't wait to tell the good news to his friend. 

The redhead turned around to see Shazain stepping out of the house after passing Aashita a smile and she started walking towards the car. The lights blinked as he unlocked the car from behind her and she got in the passenger seat without waiting for him. The sun was starting to set and grey clouds were now looming over the city; promising the usual rainfall London was famous for. 

Shazain was aware of her closed off demeanor and took a deep inhale before getting in the driver's seat. He should do something about it. 

The ride started in an awkward silence, with Rabeel staring out of the window while she played with the end of her dupatta and Shazain focusing on the road. But he was fully aware of her hands twirling the sheer material and he was beyond bothered by it. 

Another few moments passed by in an uneasy atmosphere before Shazain finally decided to break it. 

“So… ” he started nervously while drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. “You want to eat something?” 

No reply. 

He stole a glance at the side to see her already staring at him and his heart leapt up to his throat in horror before he quickly whipped his eyes back on the road. 

Bloody hell! 

“Are you still mad at me?” he dared to ask. 

Rabeel didn't say anything for a while and he thought that he would have to repeat himself but she spoke after fully turning on her side to face him. 

“Who said I was mad at you?” Her question took him by surprise and he blinked at her after stopping at a red light. “I was only disappointed.” 

For some reason, this statement hurt more than her being mad at him. Why? He didn't have any fooking idea. 

“What do you mean?” he asked when she made no attempt to elaborate and they started moving again as the light turned green. 

Rabeel's gaze didn't waver from his face when she answered. “Because all this time I was thinking that you were different from other men.” she spoke softly and Shazain's heart thudded involuntarily. The car slowed down as he moved it to the side of the road and turned off the ignition before turning in his seat to face her.