seven

❝Aqal ka andha hun mein!❞

If someone had asked Shazain Sikandar about the one moment in his life where he had given the most fake smile to someone, he would've mentioned this exact moment

If someone had asked Shazain Sikandar about the one moment in his life where he had given the most fake smile to someone, he would've mentioned this exact moment. The man who was apparently more lucky than him in getting the woman he liked was standing in front of him, a travel bag in his hand. The receptionist had informed him of his arrival and he had been caught off guard because he didn't expect Fania to send him this soon. As in; after the very next day they talked. 

'Man up, Shazain. You asked for it.' He thought bitterly before he stepped forward, the smile still playing on his lips, and extended his hand for Fahad to shake. He took it immediately and Shazain made sure to make his grip slightly hard right before he let go. He chose to ignore Fahad's mean look afterwards and opened his mouth to speak but someone beat him to it. 

“Shazy!” Rabeel exclaimed as she bounced up to him with a wide grin. “How are you?” 

Shazain was still thinking where she'd come out from all of a sudden and blinked a few times to see if he were imagining her here. When he realised that she was actually standing in front of him, he sputtered out;

“Wait— why… what?” 

Rabeel threw him a narrowed look. “Is this how you usually greet your friends?” 

Fahad raised a brow, his eyes dancing between the two individuals. Shazain caught this and straightened up before clearing his throat. 

“I didn't know I'd be seeing you today so I was just a little bit surprised.” he said and the red haired girl eyed him critically before shrugging and glanced at Fahad before facing him again. 

“Anyways, I helped your friend reach here safe and sound. He would've gotten lost without me.” she told him with a grin and Shazain suppressed a smile when the said 'friend' threw her a shocked look. 

She ignored it in her typical Rabeel style, of course. 

“Ah, I see.” Shazain replied. “Thank you.” 

She proudly gave herself a pat on one shoulder, amusing both guys before Fahad cleared his throat and said; “Are we going to keep standing in the lobby? Your employees are staring, if you haven't noticed yet.” 

Shazain seemed to realise that too and smiled tightly before gesturing in the direction of the lift. “Let's go to my office.” 

He stepped aside to let Fahad walk first and turned to follow him but Rabeel made him pause. 

“What about me?” He swivelled on his heels to see her standing there with her arms splayed out at her sides and focused for the first time on her clothes. His eyebrows went up as he took in their condition and he passed her a concerned look.

“What happened to you?” he asked. Rabeel rolled her eyes. 

“What does it look like? Blasted rain happened to me.” she shook one of her boots and Shazain clicked his tongue before saying; “Follow me.”