one

❝Munda ho ke teray kurriyan aalay shauk aa❞

"So? What do you think?"

It was silent for some seconds as the question from the loudspeaker of a certain man's phone hung in the air. A heavy sigh was heard afterwards in the spacious office room before;

"Meow."

"Mr. Sikandar!" the outrageous shrill resonated across the room from the speaker before the said man replied in a bored tone.

"Yes, Mirinda?"

"It's Mi-ran-da, and stop imitating a cat! We're having a very serious discussion over here!"

Shazain's head plopped face first on his desk with a light thud before he let out a loud groan.

"I'm not in the mood to listen, Mirinda." the lady on the line snapped the scale she was holding in two at her name being pronounced wrong once again. "Let's just handle it when you're back in the office tomorrow." he offered, head still resting on the glass surface.

Miranda sucked in a breath before replying; "You said this yesterday, too."

"I did?" he raised his head from the desk a little, eyebrows crunched together.

"The day before that, too."

"I did?" he repeated, his eyebrows shot up now.

"And the day before that." she deadpanned.

Shazain clicked his tongue. "Really?"

She didn't reply because she was barely holding herself from simply reaching out into the phone and strangle her idiot of a boss. And much to her annoyance, he chuckled in the next moment, making her heart soften as always after hearing his low and rich voice.

"Are you still there Mirinda?"

She knew he was ruffling her feathers.

"Okay, my bad." he said. "I'll treat you to lunch tomorrow, good? But let me skip this one time, please. I'm totally knackered."

Miranda rolled her bright blue eyes before heaving out a defeated sigh. "Fine. But if you slack off tomorrow, you'd have to look for a new secretary." she warned.

Shazain only laughed softly as he switched the call to receiver mode and placed the phone against his ear.

"Don't wound my heart now. You're irreplaceable."

Miranda felt the usual blush rising up her cheeks and she cleared her throat to keep her face from splitting into a foolish smile.

"Stop flirting, I'm serious."

"So am I." his tone was devoid of any mischief now. "Is your mom good?" he asked.

"Yeah. She's doing a lot better than before, the fever has gone. That's why I can come to work tomorrow without any worries."