twenty-one

❝Ek biwi nahi dhoond saky tum!❞

“I'm extremely sorry for my unprofessional attitude on the other day, Mr

“I'm extremely sorry for my unprofessional attitude on the other day, Mr. Sikandar. I want to make up for it by offering my company's services at whatever rate you want. I hope that you'll accept my heartfelt apology.” 

Shazain heard Louis Carter speak as he sat in front of him in his office. He'd come to work after two days because unfortunately, his cold hadn't gotten better in the morning as he'd thought and it took him another day to get slightly well. When he came to work this morning, Louis was already waiting for him in his office and now he was apologizing for his shïtty behaviour that day. 

The dark eyed man stared at him wordlessly before leaning back against his chair and pursing his lips. 

“I don't want to sound rude, Mr. Carter, but… why are you being so generous? We both know you don't like to make offers like this.” he said. 

The man's smile faltered a little before he gathered himself and asked; “Are you questioning my intentions?” 

Shazain's expression hardened as he answered. “Of course, I am. I don't like to hide behind the bushes when it concerns my work.” 

Louis' smile fell this time and a scowl marred his features. “You don't have to act so smart with me, boy. I'm offering you a deal which is purely in your favour. So, it'd be better if you accept it.” 

“What if I don't?” he shot back in a calm tone, making the older man clench his jaw. It was obvious to Shazain that Louis had some hidden agenda behind this offer. He was practically demanding to make the deal with him.

Louis gave him a sickening smirk in return. “Who else would want to work on your project beside me? You were the one who came up to us because we're the best in business.” 

“A horrible mistake on my part, to be honest.” Shazain replied while picking up a pen from his desk before staring right in his eyes. “But mistakes are actually hidden lessons, and I've clearly learnt mine. I'd like you to take your leave, Mr. Carter. Because even if I don't find a better company, at least I won't have to look at that perverted face of yours.” 

The man's face flushed with anger as he shot up from his seat and glared down at Shazain who was sitting as cool as a cucumber. 

“You will lose your company in no time if you keep behaving like this.” he gritted out. Shazain heaved a deep breath and slowly stood up from his seat. Keeping his dark eyes trained on his face, he spoke in a low voice.

“Just like you lost your hair?” he asked, making Louis' face go completely red. “Sorry, Mr. Carter but there's a lot of difference between a well managed business and your nonexistent hair. It won't disappear overnight so relax, will you?” 

The smug smirk Shazain was wearing at the moment boiled the man's blood and he opened his mouth to take out his anger but Shazain stood straighter and pointed towards the door.