twenty

❝Tum shaytan ho

The next day, Shazain woke up with a severe headache

The next day, Shazain woke up with a severe headache. A groan escaped past his lips as he sat up straight in his bed while sniffling. 

Wait a second. Sniffling? 

He had a runny nose while someone was bashing his head with a hammer. His throat felt scratchy too, and he realised that he'd become a victim of those seasonal colds. He should've worn a sweater instead of that bloody dress shirt last night. What the hell was he thinking? 

'You were only thinking about a certain redhead.' A nasty voice echoed in his head and he let out another groan. Great! Now he had to deal with these idiotic thoughts as well. 

He pressed the button on the remote placed on his side table and the lights turned on in the room, blinding him for a second and causing the headache to increase. 

“Bad idea,” he muttered under his breath before shutting the lights back off and dropping back on his pillow. He made a list of things he had to do today in his mind and felt a new kind of headache approaching as he remembered that he had a meeting with Louis Carter today. 

Shazain closed his eyes with a sniffle, his eyebrows creased together in distaste. Being a businessman didn't seem like such a great profession at moments like this. 

He moved his hand over the side table to grab his phone and quickly sent a text to Miranda to cancel today's schedule. He knew that it would irritate Louis, but his health was important than that piece of— 

Let's leave it at that. 

After telling his secretary the reasons for his absence from office, he turned on his side to fall back to sleep but his room door burst open all of a sudden, and he whipped around to look at the cause. 

“Wake up, you piece of shït!” Aayan's angry growl made its way to his ears and he felt the pounding increase in his head. “How dare you tell Ifrah about the egg stunt? I thought we settled it!” 

Shazain clenched his teeth at his loudness and was going to reply when Aayan snatched the blanket from him and turned on the lights. The thought of murdering someone had never looked this appeasing to him before. 

“Why are you screaming so early in the morning, you bloody idiot?!” he asked out loud while grabbing the side of his head and sitting up on the mattress. 

Aayan didn't notice his condition and said; “Because my wife is threatening to throw out all my clothes back at home after you told her about my innocent mistake!” 

Innocent mistake? Seriously?

The dark eyed man blinked at him for a moment or two before saying; “That's why she's my favourite cousin.” 

“You fück— ” 

“Ten percent is deducted,” Shazain didn't let him continue. “Ab apni shakal gum karo. Sar phat raha hai mera.”