nine

❝Kya chal raha hai tumhary dimag mein?❞

Rabeel spent the next few hours fuming over Shazain's lack of response to her last question

Rabeel spent the next few hours fuming over Shazain's lack of response to her last question. It wasn't like that Sophia or whatever her blasted name was, had gone into a coma due to the slip, right? So, why was he treating her like she'd committed a heinous crime?! The red head performed her duty of scrubbing the floors with a permanent scowl etched on her otherwise innocent face (scaring her fellow workers) and by the time lunch hour arrived, she was only one snap away from exploding with the pent up anger and frustration directed towards her cockroach of a boss.

“Hey,” she heard Ethan (her fellow janitor) call her and she paused wiping the floor before turning around to face him. “It's lunch break. Would you like to go and grab something to eat?” 

Lunch break means Shazain will also be free. Her green eyes lit up and she shook her head in negative. 

“Thanks for asking but I don't have any appetite at the moment.” She smiled apologetically and Ethan returned it with an understanding one of his own before nodding and leaving her there alone in the corridor.

Rabeel's expression soon morphed into a murderous one and she slammed the wiper in the bucket before making her way to the staff room to change out of her uniform. She came out of it after some minutes with the look of a predator and went to the elevator which will take her to the top floor— where her target was most likely enjoying himself and it made her blood boil further.

Khota, bulldozer ka bacha! Samajhta kya hai apny ap ko? Aj iski naak na torri tou mera nam bhi— ” Her angry muttering came to an abrupt halt when the lift doors opened and she found Shazain already standing there, glancing at his watch. 

(Donkey, son of a bulldozer! Who does he think he is? If I don't break his nose today, I won't be called— )

He turned his head up and she watched as his eyes widened slightly but he gathered himself in a second and stepped in. Rabeel was continuously giving him the stinky eye while he pressed the button and moved back to stand a considerable distance away from her and shoved his hands in his pants pockets.

Rabeel was going to open her mouth and attack him with all the curse words she knew but he beat her to it when he turned on his side to face her. 

“I wanted to apologize for my behaviour this morning.” he said with a nervous smile. 

The red head did a double take at his words and blinked up at him in surprise. She really wasn't expecting this. 

“It's just… I didn't get much sleep last night and someone got on my nerves early in the morning. So, I was in quite a cranky mood.” he continued without waiting for her response. “But it still doesn't give me any right to take it all out on you. So, I'm sorry and I'll make sure that it never happens again.”