twenty-three

❝Mein tou hun he masoom❞

Rabeel woke up to a soft voice calling out her name in the morning and she let out a groan before turning away from the person disturbing her slumber

Rabeel woke up to a soft voice calling out her name in the morning and she let out a groan before turning away from the person disturbing her slumber. A few seconds passed before she shot up in the bed as the events from last night appeared in her mind and she jerked her head to the side to see Amelia standing there, a nervous smile playing on her lips. 

She waved at her sweetly and the redhead felt her own lips tugging upwards. 

“Good morning,” greeted Amelia while shuffling on her feet. “I hope you had a good sleep.” 

“Yeah, I did. Thank you.” Rabeel replied softly before covering a yawn and lazily turning her head to stare at the wall clock. Her eyebrows creased together in surprise when she saw the time; 6:30 in the morning.

“Why am I up so early?” she asked no one in particular but the younger girl let out a chuckle after hearing her, making her confused stare to set on her face. 

“Shazain told you to be ready by 7:15 last night, don't you remember?” she asked and her mouth went ajar as she tried to recollect her memory of last night and realised that Shazain, indeed, had told her to be ready by that time because he'd be coming to pick her up. 

“Blast!” she cursed under her breath while removing the blanket from her body and jumping out from the bed. “I need at least thirty minutes of shower in the morning to fully wake up! How am I supposed to get ready in this short amount of time?” 

Her panicked voice amused Amelia and she bit her lip while watching her struggle around, looking for the bathroom door. 

“We only have one bathroom in this small apartment and my brother is currently using it.” she informed her and the redhead passed her a bewildered look. 

“You've got to be kidding me!” she threw her hands up in frustration while glaring at the window of the room, adjacent to a small study table. “Tell puppy-face to come out right now.” 

Amelia's brows creased together in confusion. “Sorry, who?” 

Rabeel realised her words and chuckled awkwardly before saying; “I meant Oliver. Can you please tell him to come out fast? I really need my morning shower to have my head straight throughout the day.” 

The girl tucked her dark brown curls behind her ear while making her way to the door. She passed her a small smile as she opened it and said; “Oliver won't probably listen, he turns deaf after getting in the shower. But I'll try my best.” 

Rabeel gave her a grateful nod of head as she went out and closed the door behind her, making her expression turn into one of an irritation almost immediately. 

Na nikla tou sach mein behra ho jaye ga aj ye mery haathon.” she muttered before dropping back on the bed.

(If he doesn't, then he'll actually turn deaf through my hands today.)