Doppelganger

There was no explaining the rage sans felt. Watching your bliss filled face twist like an anime girls' would typically do in a dirty comic, watching you claw at the table and silently moan his name. He contained himself, cooly turning to call up the gang. He was going to say he had spotted you, knowing full well that the loud yell of a man's voice was Fell.

The high-pitched squeal is what made his bones chatter in anger.

There, he decided against telling the others. He wanted to take care of this himself.

He turned to look at you again, watching as your eyes slowly looked at his. He glared deeply, snearing and spacing out his shoulders to seem more intense...old habits die hard, I suppose.

What he wasn't expecting was the visible confusion you showed on your sweet, beautiful face..the face he pictured kissing.

He shook off the feeling, mouthing.

"..I found you.."

You blinked, mouthing something back that he could only guess had the word "fuck" in it.

Having enough with this, he moved amongst the crowd, disappearing from your sight. Fell laughed with his business partner while you sat beside him. You looked through the crowd intensely..how did he disappear like that?

"Oi, sweetheart. I'm gonna go with him real quick, m'kay?"

He muttered, leaning over your shoulder to peck a kiss to your cheek.

"Boss, no-"

You said turning to him and tightly grabbing his suit jacket. He looked at you with confusion, then smiled and kissed your bottom lip.

"I'll be back, buttercup. My boys are watchin ya, kay? Just stay 'er and don't leave. Everything will be okay if you don't leave. If anyone talks to ya, tell me immediately. Don't hesitate."

He said, sounding more like an undercover threat than a suggestion. He stood, walking with the man that lead him into the actual restaurant.

You sat, feeling more comfortable with the knowledge that you were protected. Oh, how sorely you were mistaken..

The same skeleton approached your table, eyes burning a bright blue as he slid in beside you.

"Sup, buttercup... What's a pretty thing like you doin in a place like this?"

He growled out, radiating with anger as he shook. He contained his rage and felt the fire around him dim when he saw the handprint on your cheek. You were flinching away from him, eyes squinted as if you expected him to hit you.

This is not how he imagined rescuing you would go. He thought you'd break into tears and run to his arms..now you were shifting away when he made any move..

"How did you get past the guards.."

You asked shakily.

He smirked, sprinkling dust onto his palm and blowing it into your face. You coughed and sneezed.

"Magic."