. .✧Kept promises✧. .

(人 •͈ᴗ•͈) Gift to: KezaiyaA

By all the good in him, he swore he could've stayed like that forever. Teeth nibbling into your bottom lip,

Crying, broken words and comforting noises from both himself and you, leading to more tears and cracked words. You made him make a promise he knew he couldn't keep...

"Please, promise me you won't hurt anyone..."

"Don't leave my side tonight.. promise me.."

You eventually fell asleep in his arms. He smiled softly when your sniffles died down to soft breathes of unconsciousness.

Now, both promises would have been broken the second you were fast asleep in his bed, if you hadn't looked so gorgeous against his chest. If you hadn't clung to his neck so tightly.

But, what could he do but keep the words he gave you?

He walked you to the bathroom to silently clean the blood off without hurting you, or waking you. He was successful for the most part, only receiving small grunts or smacks of the back of your hand to make his fumbling with the bandages stop. He quietly chuckled and carried you to the bed you two were to share. He laid you down, and laid down by your side soon after..

He was surprised that the thoughts that flooded his mind weren't dirty at all as he gazed upon your sleeping face. They were sympathetic, apologetic even. He'd never looked at anyone so intently.  His eyes were fixated on the silky look of your skin, and those beautifully long graceful lashes that were feathers on your eyes. You were such a pretty little thing ...finely spun. Made to look at.
(Let's see if anyone gets that reference)

But he couldn't sit like that forever, even if he wanted to. He wanted to catch that bastard whom had hurt his beloved rose,and hurt them much...MUCH worse.

He sat up and began rising from the bed, only to stop and look down to see your hand gripping his; fingers intertwined. He had no idea when or how your hands had gotten that way, but now the grip was deadly. You were still asleep, but it was as if you knew he was up to no good. He'd never broken a promise before, and you were there to make sure he wasn't gonna start now.

He quietly laid back down and pulled you to his chest, turning you around to spoon you. Of course, he was the big spoon, leaving your smaller figure to coil and tuck into a small ball as he curled around you.

His eyes closed and he focused on your breathing..your chest rising and falling being reassurance that you were still alive. He had thought he was too late, and that you were gone. That your death was his fault for trusting a human man to watch over you. Though, to be fair, you were a grown woman. He thought you wouldn't need or want his help if anything happened. He wasn't on your good side, either. So he wanted to shift more of your anger into happiness towards him.

Maybe he had thought wrong..he wouldn't doubt it. Everything he did seemed to be wrong.

His thoughts stopped when you shifted, silently rolling and facing him. He held his breath, closing his eyes to make it seem as if he were asleep.

You surprised him by wrapping your legs around his hips and arms around his neck, pulling him close to cuddle. Your soft voice making him physically shiver.

"I know you're awake.."

You muttered softly, causing a soft sigh and chuckle to slide from his teeth. He wondered how you knew he was awake..

"Heh..was I that obvious?"

He asked, receiving a light and playful punch to the ribs and muffled giggling. He smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Damn, and here I thought I was good at hidin' shit."

You glanced of with a quick glimmer of (e/c) and cleverness.

"Think again~"

You teased.

His shoulders tensed and he snorted, rolling over and pinning you under him quickly, yet gently. Still aware and mindful of your wounds.

"You dare speak to the king that way?! I'll have you punished for that!"

He roared, unleashing tickles on you and shushing your howls of laughter with soft butterfly kisses to your neck. It didn't really work for some "unknown" reason, it only caused girly squeals to come from you.

He and you soon settled down to soft giggles and shushes, effectively convincing him to roll into his back and pull you onto his chest. He laid his head against the pillow and allowed a sigh to blow against your face.

You simply stared at him.

His closed eyes opened to see you still staring. He chuckled and slowly sat up.

"Babydoll, what's wrong?"

You smiled and shook your head.

"Nothing. I'm just thankful you got there on time. I...I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you.. for saving me."

You looked away nervously, which earned a laugh from him as he plopped back down with you in his arms, bringing you down with him.

"well damn, babes. I thought you were hurt or sum shit. I'm glad you aren't, but there's really no need to thank me. I did what I had ta do ta protect ya. I could've watched ya bleed out, but I would've never forgiven myself.."

His light, playful voice dropped suddenly. He was more serious, and sounded hurt..sorry, even.

"I shouldn't have left ya..I'm sorry.. but I'm not just sorry for that. I'm sorry for everythin. For the unspeakable things I've done, like hurting you...r-..rapin you..."

He sucked in sharply and sighed.

"I'm just sorry for everythin..you didn't deserve it.. you never will.."

You smiled softly and kisses his teeth gently. He jerked, still not used to the affection you were giving to him.

"Let's just say you owe me a dance now, do I make myself clear?"

He narrowed his eyes and grinned, knowing full well there was a ballroom in the same building you two were in.

"Transparently"