XVI. STRANGERS & PUNISHMENT

EPISODE 6: SWISHCHAPTER 16

EPISODE 6: SWISH
CHAPTER 16. STRANGERS AND PUNISHMENT

 STRANGERS AND PUNISHMENT

Dearest gentle reader, I must send felicitations to the new Duke and Duchess of Hastings. Congratulations and stamina as they embark on the most exhilarating time in a young couple's life. I am, of course, talking of the honeymoon. Is there a more romantic notion? To retreat from society together... finally leaving watchful eyes behind.

While this author, along with the rest of the ton, will certainly miss its most-remarked-upon couple back in London, perhaps we might find solace in the promise of the duke and duchess returning to us bearing a surprise.

"IS GREECE REALLY THAT beautiful?" I ask him, holding a glass of juice. We were all at brunch, where we were standing across the Featheringtons, while I was, once again, standing with Prince Louis.

"It is even more." He replies. "I hope I could take you someday."

"You hope too much." I tell him, and we hear Colin clinking his glass, to get everyone's attention.

"May I have everyone's attention?" Colin asks, and everyone turns to him. "I would like to make a small but important announcement. I have happy news to impart. I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife, and she has accepted."

"Congratulations!" Lady Featherington tells them, as my jaw drops slightly.

"Well, they certainly look happy." Louis tells me, as I continue to look at them.

"Yes, they do." I say, still shocked. "Miss Thompson might be a polite young lady, but she is a stranger. I do hope this will not result the same, as the last time the Bridgertons trusted a stranger."

He gives me a 'are you entirely serious?' look, as I just smile at him, walking away.

"Are you ever going to let that go?" He asks, following after me.