XX. MAN & WIFE

EPISODE 7: OCEANS APARTCHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20. MAN AND WIFE

 MAN AND WIFE

Dear readers, the last thing this author what, is to sound arrogant, but fear not, it is still a thing she wants. So, when I tell you, that today is the day Miss Diana Bridgerton becomes a part of the Royal Family, I will add, subtly of course, that I already knew. I had already told you, numerous times, as I have predicted almost everything this season. Oh, what a psychic I will be!

As you might already expect, both the Royal and the Bridgerton households are in a frenzy, over the preparations for the celebrations. Of course, the Bridgertons household is a little more... hectic, as it is their house, the reception will be held.

"MAMA, JUST TAKE A breath, please." I try to calm her.

"Oh, how can I, child?" He asks me, fanning herself. "This is an utmost disaster."

"It is not that bad, Mama." I try to convince her.

"I asked for lilies, not daisies." She tells me, wide eyes.

"They are both flowers." I tell her. "It does not matter to me."

"But, each and every member of the Royal family will be joining us." She continues. "We cannot have them see daisies hanging all around the house."

"Why not?" I ask her.

"Because they are daisies!" Mama retorts, as I hold my head.

"Elle." I squeak out, and she immediately supports me, and takes me away. "Tell Mrs. Valery to talk to Mama, I think she just broke my mind."

"Oh, Miss Diana." Elle starts to say, with a smile, as she helps me to the bed. "Do not worry. Everything will be perfect."

"Oh, I am not worried, Elle. I know you are handling everything." I tell her, as I fall back onto my bed, closing my eyes. "My family worries me."