XXVII. GIFTS & AUNTS

EPISODE 8: AFTER THE RAINCHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27. GIFTS AND AUNTS

 GIFTS AND AUNTS

"I SHALL WRITE TO you all from Greece." Colin tells us, as he gets ready to depart.

"Do not forget to bring me a gift." Gregory speaks up, making me smile, as I lean into Louis, as he warps his arm around my waist.

"It is not a gift if you have to ask." Hyacinth snaps at him, turning to Coli with a sweet smile. "I would fancy anything blue or white."

I put my head on Louis's shoulder, and try to stop the laugh that was about to burst out. We both look at each other, with beaming smiles on our faces.

Colin tips his hat towards us, and rides off, leaving all of us standing there.

"Anthony, I do not recall seeing you last night." Daphne tells Anthony, as everyone starts to get back to the house.

"Yes. I was feeling rather unwell." Anthony tells Daphne, as Louis and I stand opposite to Daphne and the Duke, with Anthony in between. "My apologies, Sister."

"Well, the two of you are now off to Clyvedon, I presume?" I ask Daphne and the Duke.

"We have decided to stay in London a little longer." The Duke replies, turning to Daphne with a smile. "Take some time to enjoy ourselves, just the two of us."

"And you? What are your plans, Brother?" Daphne asks Anthony.

"Nothing of note." Anthony replies, dismissively. "Other than finding and promptly declaring my intentions to my new Viscountess, of course."

"The viscount is ready to find and declare his intentions?" Daphne teases. "Did you hear that, Your Grace?"

"And which young lady?" I ask, but he cuts me off.

"Does it matter?" Anthony asks. "I have finally determined the difficulty... love itself. Removing it from all romantic relations shall make me all the better for it. No more distractions from responsibility or being waylaid from the sensible path." We all look at him, in disbelief. "At any rate, enjoy your time." He tells us, walking inside.

"Perhaps he will learn." Daphne says, hopefully, as I shrug my shoulders.

"Perhaps not." I say, and she gives me a look.

"What about the both of you?" Daphne asks.

"Well, we are getting just about ready to move to Buckingham Palace." I tell her.

"That's marvelous news." Daphne gushes.

"Yes, one might think." Louis tells her, smiling, as I give him an unamused look.

"What?" Daphne asks me, confused. "Do you not want to live there?"

"It is not that I do not want to live there-" I try to explain.

"It is that she is afraid of my Mother." Louis cuts in, and I hit his should. He gives me a mock hurt look.

"I am not scared of your Mother!" I tell him, but he turns to Daphne and the Duke nodding his head.

"Yes, she is." He tells them, making me hit his arm again.

I SIT IN THE Hastings house, with Louis, as Daphne's screams echo around the whole manor. My feet was bouncing up and down, as I anxiously bite my lip.

"Is childbirth always this painful?" Louis asks, and I look up at him, with a glare. "Not the time, I got it." He replies, putting his hands up, defensively.

Another guttural scream is heard, and I take a sharp breath, I feel Louis grab my hand.

"She'll be alright, Diana. They both will." He tells m, referring to Daphne and the baby.

"I know, I know." I whisper, and lean on his shoulder, as he wraps his arm around me.

Non of us noticing that Daphne's screams were no longer heard. After fifteen minutes, the doors open, and Simon walks in.

I immediately stand up, and make my way towards him.

"Is Daphne-" I try to ask, but he cuts me off.

"She's fine." He assures me, and I look down, noticing the small bundle in his arms.

"Oh, my God." I whisper, a small soft smile coming to my lips, as I look back up at Simon.

"Do you wish to hold him?" He asks me, and I give him a small nod.

Simon carefully passes the baby to me, and hold him in my arms.

Louis comes to stand my me, as I look up at him, smiling, and he returns my smile.

"Hello." I say, looking at the baby. "I am your Aunt Diana." I tell him, as he sleeps in my arms, while Louis holds my shoulder. "And, I am also the best Aunt, who you'll come to, when your Mother scolds you."

I laugh, as I look back up to Louis. I turn to Simon, and give the baby back to him, as he walks back to Daphne in the other room.

I wrap my arms around his shoulder, as he holds my waist.

"One day, we will have one of those." I tell him, laughing.

"One day." He repeats, as he pulls me into a kiss. "Not too soon, I hope."

"Not too far either." I tell him.

LOUIS GRABS MY HAND, as I step out of the carriage, carefully. I look up, to see the huge Palace in front of me.

I let out a nervous breath, and I continue to look in front of me.

"You do not need to worry." He reassures me. "My Mother loves you, you will be fine."

"Let us just hope, I do not start to ramble in front of her, like always." I reply, as we walk up to the entrance together.

A/N

THIS IS IT, GUYS!

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!

OH MY GOD, I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS STORY, AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS BOOK!

I'M SO EXCITED, THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK, THAT I HAVE COMPLETED!

REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS BOOK, AND CHECK MY OTHER BOOKS, IF YOU LIKE, AND COMMENT COMMENT WHICH TV SHOW, OR MOVIE I SHOULD WRITE A FIC ABOUT NEXT, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE NOW!

I AM SO THANKFUL, I DECIDED TO DO A BRIDGERTON FANFICTION, AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS, THANK YOU FOR READING MY BOOK!