Part Twelve: Insane Courage

Stiles' POV:

"You've been tracking the killer on your own this whole time?" Allison yelled at her father, unable to believe he was doing all these things behind her back.

"Yeah, and I was so close to catching him." Chris retorted, his face flushed with anger, "Could've caught him if you guys didn't show up."

We were still standing at the abandoned power plant, waiting for the paramedic to arrive and check on Malia, although she seemed fine to me.

"So it's MY fault? That you've been lying to me for the past two months?" Allison countered in a voice strangled with tears.

"You wanna talk about lies, Allison? I don't think you're gonna come out ahead on that one." They kept on fighting while me and Scott stood there, not so far away from them.

"Scott, I'm telling you; her eyes glowed in blue; bright, shining blue," I turned to Scott and said in a low voice, glancing at Malia out of the corner of my eye. Nobody but me and Isaac saw when Malia opened her eyes and they shined in blue. Isaac seemed pretty shocked when it happened; he turned and looked at me, his eyes wide as saucers. It was obvious that the poor young man has no idea what was happening and what does that mean. He just stayed there, staring at me and waiting for an explanation. I couldn't say anything, I was speechless; first of all, because I never thought that Malia could be a werewolf. Second of all, because a few days ago I learned what does it mean if a werewolf had blue eyes.

The blue color of her eyes did not last long, though; she just blinked several times and with the last time she opened her eyes, they were back at their normal color; dark brown.

"Do you remember when we were in the hospital with Selena after her boyfriend died?" Scott asked.

"I wish I don't," I muttered, remembering that day at the hospital and wishing I could forget it.

"Do you remember me telling you that the orphans have a werewolf among them?" he asked again and I nodded.

"Well, I guess you were not hallucinating after all." I scoffed, remembering that I thought Scott was wrong and out of his mind when he said that. I cannot be blamed; He just inhaled next to the two poor orphans and claimed that one of them is a werewolf!

"I was not." He affirmed, "So it was her; Malia is the werewolf I sensed its presence that day."

"A werewolf with blue eyes. You know what does that mean, don't you?" I asked suspiciously. We were still whispering because we did not want Chris Argent to know anything about this now, maybe we still don't think that it's a good idea to tell a hunter about a new werewolf, a werewolf that apparently has taken a life of an innocent human.

"Oh, I had a reason to lie; you were going to kill him if you know we're still together,"

Yes, me and Scott were whispering, but Allison and her father were obviously not. Their voices just kept getting higher and higher, getting on my nerves.

I turned at them and clapped my hands, snapping their attention, "Guys, I don't think right now is the best time for a little family meeting. The killer is still out there and there are 2 more teachers that are going to be taken and strangled to death." The moment I said this, my phone started ringing in my pocket.

"Yes, Lydia," I answered with a sigh, knowing that Lydia does not call me unless something bad happened.

"Professor Westover is missing and they refuse to call the police, they say that not showing up for class doesn't mean he's missing. But Stiles, he's gone, he's taken and I know it," she said in one, shaky breath.