Part Five: Shattered Souls

3 YEARS LATER:

"The sedative she was given isn't that powerful, she should be awake now." Melissa informed as she approached Stiles, who was sitting on the hospital's chair, having his head buried in his hands.

"My dad says she's an orphan, she has no family, just like her boyfriend." he sighed, lifting his head up to look at Melissa, "I don't know what to tell her when she wakes up."

"You will tell her what happened, you'll tell her that you tried to save her boyfriend but you couldn't. It's not your fault, Stiles, it's no one's fault." 

"He was gonna propose to her, you know?" 

"Yeah, I know, I found a ring in his pocket," Melissa nodded in sadness.

"I hate feeling helpless, I wish we can do something to stop all of this." 

"Stiles, all of you are doing your best to protect everyone, you are not sleeping well and you're missing classes just to keep everyone safe. If you guys were not doing anything then trust me, the number of deaths will be much higher than this." Melissa consoled and he smiled to her. At that moment Scott walked in their direction, his shirt soaked in blood. 

"We trapped Boyd in the school, Derek and Argent stayed there, guarding the entrances." he said in one breath, "the sun will rise in few hours, everything will be fine then." 

"Have a seat, you look miserable." his mother said as she got up and started wiping the blood from his face.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Scott comforted his mother and sat down next to Stiles.

"I'm gonna bring you some water." his mother informed before she went down to bring her son some water.

The phone that was in Stiles pocket started ringing, it was Lucas's phone, he forgot to give it to the police when they arrived. He grabbed it out and looked at the caller's ID,"Isaac bro," he read. 

"You gotta answer him." Scott said.

"And say what? Your brother was killed by a werewolf, would you please come to take the body?" Stiles snapped, throwing his hands up, "I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit stressed." he apologized as he ran his hand through his hair, 

"It's fine, we all are." Scott assured before his best friend answered the phone.

"You said you'll call when she says yes! We're dying of anticipation man!" Isaac exclaimed once Stiles picked up, making the situation harder.

"I'm- I'm sorry, this is not Lucas." Stiles stutter, not knowing what to say.

"Oh, that idiot!" Isaac laughed, "he must've dropped his phone out of excitement, he's proposing for his girlfriend tonight, you know?" he explained, "our stupid friend dropped his phone, it means she said yes!" Stiles heard Lucas telling someone next to him.

"No no, he didn't drop his phone." Stiles tried to clarify but Isaac cut him off,

"You stole it?" he joked and laughed, "whatever dude, just send me your location and I'll pick the phone up, I'm going out anyway to bring wine to celebrate!"

"He didn't drop his phone! I'm sorry but... I don't know how to say this but...there was an accident." Stiles said and Lucas panicked once he heard the 'accident' word, his face expressions went from excitement to fear in a matter of seconds.

"What accident? What happened?" the fear was clear in his voice as he spoke through the phone, "Where is Lucas? Is he okay? And Selena... are they okay? Please tell me they're fine."