Part Eight: The Truth Behind The Lies

NO ONE'S POV:

"I still don't get the idea of what you did," Eiden said in annoyance, addressing Deucalion as the whole pack stood in the abandoned mall, which was the field of the battle who occurred two days ago,  "I don't understand why did we tell the girl that Scott and Derek are the reason behind her boyfriend's death." 

"Someone started getting a little bit emotional in this fight," Kali teased, causing Eiden to bare his teeth in anger, "it seems like Lydia is waking up the sensitive side of you." 

"Cut it, Kali. Eiden is right. I still don't get the idea of what you did either." Ethan defended his twin.

"Kali please, they have the right to ask," Deucalion said as he stood at the spot where Derek and Ennis fell two days ago, "We did what we did boys because we wanted to give Scott a kind of distraction." 

"Distraction for Scott? Scott is already with Allison! And really do you think he'll go and fall in love with a girl who just lost her boyfriend a few weeks ago?" Ethan said, causing Kali and Deucalion to laugh.

"Kids," she mocked,

"This is not what I meant, dear Ethan." Deucalion started explaining, "I did this to trigger the humanity side of Scott, and you all know how easy it is to do that for him; this boy really thinks he's a kind of superhero that can save everyone. He'll get distracted with the girl and her friends, trying to prove to her that they're the good people and we are the monsters. Eventually, he will, but during that time we'll already have Derek by our side, and when Scott sees Derek with us it will be easier to convince him to join the pack."

"You still think Derek is alive after that fall?" Ethan asked and Deucalion nodded.

"I don't think, I'm positive."

"He killed Ennis, either he joins the pack or I will kill him," Kali informed, her eyes glowing red.

Stiles's POV:

"Thank you," Isaac mumbled as I handed him the aid kit for the wound in Selena's hand. I smiled at him and glanced at Selena, who was staring at the wall, totally ignoring my presence. 

"Give me your hand, Sel," I heard him order her softly as I made my way to the kitchen, where my dumbass friend was standing by the door.

"What the hell you think you're doing? Are you out of your senses?" I scolded in a low voice once I reached him, gritting my teeth so my voice doesn't get high. 

"It's always better when they know!" Scott defended his stupid decision and I rolled my eyes.

"It's always better when they know when there is a need for them to know!" the sentence sounded stupid as soon as it left my mouth, "I mean, look at them, they look completely overwhelmed after they saw your eyes glowing," I said this and looked at Selena, who was getting her hand aid by Isaac now. She had a puzzled expression on her face, she was in total shock.

"They are overwhelmed because they have no clue of what's happening." Scott stated the truth, "Deucalion dragged them into this, he's after something, I'm sure. We need to tell them in order to protect them."

Scott has a point, but I really didn't want to cause more pain for these people. It was so unfair to invade their life and disturb their peace, I wish that night didn't happen, I wish we managed to save Lucas's life, I wish Selena and Isaac are not sitting here right now, wondering what the hell was going on around them.

"Is NOW really the right time?" I asked in worry.

"They have to know now, Stiles." 

"What if telling them gets another one of them killed!" I snapped, my anxiety kicking in. I cleared my throat before continuing, "Listen, I just don't want them to get involved, I don't want someone else to die because of us, especially one of them."