Part Seventeen: Living The Nightmare

2 Months Later...

Selena's POV:

"Malia, it's just the first day of school, not a wedding," I puffed at Malia while looking at the dress she chose for me to wear on my first day at college. It was a floral, off-shoulder, summer dress that I don't even remember wearing before, but it was a simple and elegant dress, something that is definitely not suitable for college. 

"I'm trying to make you look like a girl, nothing much," she continued searching in my closet although she already picked up a dress and matching shoes with it. 

"Don't bother yourself, I'm gonna wear this anyway," I pointed at the outfit I was wearing already; which was a tugged-in shirt under plain jeans.

"What are you doing, Sel? You're gonna wear the dress I chose and that's final," her eyebrows joined in a frown. Everything she does earns her the role of the mother in our family, "Now would you please get up and take a shower so I can iron your hair? I'm not letting you tie it in a messy bun like this," she pointed at my hair, which made my hands reach up automatically to fix it, " I want you to look as beautiful as ever. Why you're making this so hard to achieve?" she sighed before leaving my room.

"Look beautiful for what?" I said with an exhale, staring at the dress and the accessories placed over my bed. I don't know how the last 2 months passed this fast; a lot of things happened that made me hesitant about going to college again and even meeting people.  

Although I spent the past weeks completing the procedures that made me officially a college student, I'm really nervous about being in a place full of people considering what has been happening. Tomorrow is the first day of the second semester, which will count as my first day at college. I don't know if I should do this, I don't know if I can do this. 

I looked at the door of my balcony, watching the sunset as I thought about all the things that might happen tomorrow. It can't be that bad, can it? What's been happening might be a temporary status, maybe my body is going through some serious changes.

My room started getting darker so  I reached my hand to the lamb on my nightstand to turn it on, but the lamb suddenly exploded and shattered around the room. I looked at the shattered pieces around me, waiting for Malia to appear as usual.

"1..2.." before I finish counting to 3, the door swung open and Malia's scared face popped in, "What happened?" she asked.

"Nothing, it just exploded," I replied innocently.

"Again?" she lifted an eyebrow and I nodded.

Yes, again. This is not the first time this happens, this was not the first time the lamb explodes in my room. This has been happening for 2 months now; every time my hands get close to a lamp or anything electrified, something weird happens.

"Sorry, Malia," I apologized as she came back to the room with a new bulb in her hands.

"It's not your fault, sweetie," she put the new bulb in its place and span it until it lightens up, "but why you're not in the shower already?"

"I'm going now," Once Malia left my room, I got up from my bed and looked at the mirror then started examining my features. I looked normal, like any other human being, nothing odd on my face, nothing new, no fangs, no reddish nor yellowish glowing eyes, nothing. I touched my eyes, my nose, my mouth, and everything, making sure nothing is wrong.

I'm not crazy, I'm just checking if anything else is going to change in me. 

I grabbed my phone and opened the camera, taking a selfie with the flash on. I let out a deep sigh once I saw the picture and found that the weird orange aura is still there around me.