Chapter 10

Word Count: 459 

I tip-toed into the gymnasium, seating myself beside Kiyoko quickly. She stared at me, cocking her head. I shrugged and grinned, both of us turning our heads back to watch them warm up. Coach Ukai was really kicking their asses before the tournament. The boys finally got their water break and were handed the plastic bottles by Kiyoko and Yachi. Tsukishima stared at me, obviously unsure of what to say. Noya saw this, exclaiming, "You say sorry, you idiot!" Damn, short boys were feisty. I shook my head, "No, no, it's okay. I don't really care about what a first year thinks of me. It was just surprising, that's all. You sounded like my mom." Tsukki glared at me, turning quickly on his heel as Noya laughed at him. Kiyoko patted me on the back, offering me a warm smile, "Good one," she chuckled. I beamed and continued watching the giants practice.

Practice was nearing it's end when I felt my phone ring in my pocket. It was a call from another unknown number in Tokyo. I answered the call, "Hello?" "Is this Abby Horikawa?" A gruff voice asked. "Oh-uh, yeah! It's me," I answered, slightly startled. "I work at Itachiyama Academy, I was just calling to confirm your tour next week?" Oh shit, I thought, I still needed to book a hotel. I realized he was waited for me to answer, and I exclaimed, "Oh, yeah! I'll be there." He hummed and hung up, and I started to scroll through hotels near the school. I would only be there for two days, because I couldn't go to Tokyo and back in one day. Yachi looked over at my phone screen, "Hey, what're you looking at?" I turned towards the blonde girl, "Oh, I have to go to Tokyo next week and I forgot to book a hotel," I sighed. "Ooh, what for?" "Another school tour," I responded, "I'm going to check out the ever-so-prestigious Itachiyama Academy." Hinata bounced over, "Itachiyama! Don't they have that Sakusa guy Kuroo was talking about?" My eyes twinkled, remembering him. I nodded, "Yeah! I'm excited to go watch them play. Don't worry, I swear I'll tell you all their secrets," I smiled, rolling my eyes. Hinata beamed, running over to go talk to Kageyama. I silently thanked Hinata, since he reminded me to do something.

I switched tabs, going over to messages and scrolling down to find Sakusa's number. Hi! I texted, I know you're prolly in practice rn, but I'm touring Itachiyama next week. Don't be surprised if you see me spying on your guys' volleyball practice. I shut my phone off , turning back to their practice. Hinata and Kageyama's quick attack never ceased to entertain me.