Chapter 20 (!!)

Already at Chapter 20, wow! And I'm not even halfway done yet >;) Just wait until you see the Halloween scenarios I have planned (Absolute smut warning)

Word Count: 1011 

I woke up, stretching myself loudly. Opening up my phone, I saw there were text messages from a few numbers, which isn't unexpected, I get spammed by these teen boys on the daily. First, I read over some messages from Iwa. It was a short video of him serving a ball into Oikawa's face. I read his caption under it,

This is justice for Abby. Wanna stay the night at my place tonight?

Sorry, can't. I'm in Tokyo for the next few days, I replied. Obviously, Iwaizumi and I had had sex a few times since that first night, probably enough to be considered Friends with Benefits. It was nothing special though, just two good friends who bang sometimes. Boy, were they good nights too, ignoring the fact that I sometimes couldn't walk for days on end afterwards. I chuckled at the thought, before being reminded I probably needed to head out soon to reach Itachiyama.

I scrolled through my other messages in the taxi. Messages from Sugawara and Ennoshita asking how I was doing, like the mothers they are, Oikawa complaining about his sore face, and Bokuto sending me a selfie of him, Kuroo, Kenma, and Akaashi. Bokuto beamed, Kuroo smirked, Akaashi held a small smile, and Kenma was looking down at his game console. The usual. I had a great idea on how to reply later, just to tease them, but I couldn't do it now. The taxi stopped and I slowly got out, a kind stranger helping me pick up my crutches.

I watched the boys play volleyball in the gym as usual, always gasping at Komori's impressive digs and receives. Sakusa jumped up and slammed the ball down with his right hand, while I glared at his limb. I can't seem to figure out how he puts that wicked spin on the ball. I huffed in annoyance at not knowing the immediate answer. Practice soon ended and I stood up, waiting for the boys, but not before receiving death glares from fangirls.

"Hey guys. Nice practice!" I greeted. Sakusa looked at me and Komori waved, lining up his pace with me.

"Hi, Abby! Whatcha got there?" Komori questioned. I jumped, suddenly remembering the food in my arms.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot! I accidentally called Sakusa super early this morning so I thought of an apology gift. I decided that I'd bring snacks for you guys. Don't worry, Sakusa, I have barely touched your since I got it." He nodded at that. I quickly handed them the small plastic containers and plastic forks. Komori's eyes lit up.

"Woah! Kiwis are in season?! Thanks, Abby!" he beamed.

"Yeah! It's no problem, you've been so kind to me! Sorry if you don't like yours Sakusa, I just saw it smelled like cleaning products and I thought of you." He glared at me while Komori laughed, so I continued.

"I kinda screwed up, really. I don't even know what it is. U-me-bo-shi. I've got absolutely no clue what that means." I was really surprised to look up and see Sakusa eating one of the circular objects from the container, with his mask off too! Komori walked over to me, leaning into my ear.

"That was super lucky, Abby!" he whispered, "Umeboshi means 'pickled plum' in English. It's his favorite food, actually!" I glimmered in delight, proud of myself. I stopped for a second, causing the two to stop as well.

"Oh yeah, the Nekoma and Fukurodani boys were trying to flex on me earlier. Do you mind if I take a selfie with you guys as payback?" Komori nodded and Sakusa said nothing. I nodded, reaching for my phone and taking the photo. I cheered at the good photo. Komori was leaning up against me as I grinned, him holding out a peace sign while Sakusa stood in the back with his mask on, staring at the camera. I sweat-dropped and turned towards him.

"I know you might not be comfortable with the photo, so I could crop you out if you like." I started, "But then again....I would only be with the best libero in the country missing his spiker cousin, they wouldn't even know I was with the top spiker too then!" I smirked, knowing he was competitive and prideful. Sakusa switched his gaze towards me at that, acknowledging my challenge.

"Send it," He spoke, and I smiled towards him. I won. I clicked send on the photo, sending it to Bokuto, also texting I had a fun day, too! I knew this would get him riled up, he did consider Sakusa a rival, after all. Now all I had to do was wait for him to respond. I caught up with the cousins, their long legs helping them walk faster.

"You guys have to stop being so goddamn tall! I hate it!" I said angrily. Komori looked down at me and grinned, ruffling my hair with his hand as I pouted.

"You'll have to make us," he smirked, as Sakusa's eyebrows pulled together, obviously smirking under his mask. I flushed, completely surprised.

"I-uh, I-I, huh, erm," I stammered.

"We're just teasing you," Komori laughed.

I, still blushing, glared at the two as we walked past the gate. Komori waved, still laughing, as Sakusa held his arm up stiffly.

"Bye Abby! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye boys!"

I slapped my face as soon as I turned away. The heat in my cheeks was almost unbearable. Usually me, being the brat I was, was the one doing all the flirting. It wasn't really what Komori said that brought about  my reaction either. That was obviously teasing coming from him, he already gave me a brotherly presence (of course in the good way, not like my brothers) so I wasn't bothered. It was Sakusa playing along with it. He was so pessimistic yet stoic, and so hard to read, it shook me to my core to see that inappropriate expression on his face. It made my whole body heat up, and I couldn't figure out why.