Prologue

The making of a diamond takes a lot of pressure, the same goes for the making of a good character. Will you crack under pressure? Or will you stand the test of time? Everyone comes from different places. We have all faced different situations but it is the way we handle those situations that makes us who we are.

I have not always had the luxurious life that I live. Carbon is put under pressure to make a beautiful diamond. I started just like carbon.

My little family consisted of me and my two loving parents. We lived in a small town. My dad was a professional fighter. He did a lot of underground fights and I envied him for his bravery. While my mother was a nurse. I learned a lot from both of my parents, not only did I learn about how to defend myself, even at a young age, but I also learned how to take care of myself.

Our family was torn apart when I was 14. Both my parents were in a horrible car accident which resulted in their death. I was left with no one. That was the lowest point in my life. I was put into foster care, I fell into the wrong group of people. You know drugs, guns, street racing, that kind of stuff, all of which is illegal. I regret it now, but I don't regret what it has taught me and who it has made me.

When I was 18, I got access to my parents accounts and I left and never turned back. On my 18th birthday, I packed my bag and bought a plane ticket. I just wanted to see the world. I travelled through all of Europe. Everywhere I went one thing caught me attention. That one thing brought me to choosing my profession.

After my year of travelling, I decided it was time to go home. Well not home because I would never step foot in that town again.

I made a new adventure for myself and decided to go to New York. Here I am today, with my own jewelry store on fifth avenue, filled with all of my own pieces. I am now 24 running my own little empire. I made a name for myself and I am proud. Everyone in New York knew the name Zara Wilson.

New York was not always good to me. When I first moved here I met this guy Brad. He had lots of money and he loved to show it. I mean I get it. I love to show off my diamonds but I made everything myself. I got to where I am all on my own. While Brad likes to spend daddy's money. We dated for less than a year when he proposed to me. I was 22 at the time and I still felt young so I said no it was too soon. Well he didn't like that. It all went downhill after. We still dated but he started cheating and he was just getting really controlling. He invested in my company when it was still small and growing so he could always have me under his thumb. Brad claimed this was his way of helping me get off my feet. I was just naive. When I finally decided enough was enough, I broke up with him. He threatened to take away everything from me. But then he left without a sound. It's been 2 years now and I haven't heard from him. I'm waiting till I can buy him out so he really won't be a part of my life anymore.

I'm ready to put that all behind me. Every stupid decision I've ever made should not be effecting my life, I won't let it at least not anymore. But I was ignorant to believe it would be that easy.