12. Feeling the Highs

Temptation is a difficult thing to handle. It's always there to pull you closer to the light and sometimes to the darkness. It takes some serious strength to resist it.

I'm always scared to give into temptation. I never feel like I deserve it but does anyone actually deserve what they crave most for? I guess you can call it selfish for someone to give into temptation but right now I want to be selfish.

Nate is the only thing that I want. He's the only thing that seems right in a world of wrong. So is it selfish for me to give into the trap of seduction? Sometimes you just have to let the lines between right and wrong blur together. At this point, I don't even know where the line is.

"So is now the right time for us?" He asked with bright eyes as we stood on opposite ends of the lavish kitchen island.

"Not necessarily," I said as he began to frown. "But is there ever a perfect time for anything?" I asked with a hint of mischief.

It was quiet for a moment before he broke the innocent silence. "Tell me what you want." He said as he began undressing me with his eyes.

I instinctively licked my lips. "You, all of you," I said seductively as I slightly leaned over the counter.

As soon as the words left my mouth, Nate took long strides to get to my side. I turned to face him as he pushed his body closer to mine, making my back hit against the cool countertop sending shivers up my spine as his arms rested on either side of me. We looked deep into each other's eyes before he leaned in, brushing his lips against my ear and saying "you already have me."

He portrayed such dominance as he smashed his lips onto mine, taking full control. My fingers ran through his hair as I brought him impossibly closer. Nate's hands travelled to my hips as he lifted me onto the island and spread my thighs with his calloused hands as I wrapped my legs around him.

Our lips broke apart as we slightly caught our breath before he began leaving wet kisses along my neck and open chest. His hands were burning my skin with the most addictive sins as he began feeling underneath my tank top.

Needing more I began to grind my hips feeling his hardening erection against my wet core as I let out a soft moan. I wanted this so badly, no I need this.

I could see the lust in his dilated blue eyes as he lifted me up off the counter and headed for the bedroom as he French kissed me along the way. Squeezing my ass slightly as he used the initial shock to push his tongue deeper into my mouth, enhancing the kiss.

Nate sat me down on the bed, only breaking our kiss when he took off his shirt. I let my hands run up his well built torso that is covered in intricate ink, leaving me mesmerized and wanted more. I lifted up my arms and let Nate take my top off leaving me in my bra and exposed to his hungry eyes. He trailed wet kisses down to my waistline before bringing himself back to my lips. While he reached for the band of my pants, I moaned out in pleasure at the anticipation.

Kissing each other with a great amount of passion as our tongues battled for dominance. We were lost in the connection. Nate's phone began to ring in his pocket, breaking our trance. We didn't notice until the fourth ring.

"Just ignore it," Nate said huskily as he took off my pants and I began reaching for the belt on his jeans.

The phone started to ring again and I stopped fiddling with his belt, thinking that this is probably important considering how late in the night it is. Nate huffed in annoyance before he gave me an apologetic look as he got off the bed to answer the phone.

"What?" He growled into the phone before the person on the other end had a chance to speak. "Ah fuck," he was now pacing the space in front of the bed just before my eyes as he ran his hands through his messy hair. There was a long pause on his end of the conversation before he said "ok, I'm coming," in a defeated tone.

Nate then turned to me saying "Zara I'm really sorry but I have to handle this."

"This late in the night?" I was skeptical but I was also trying to be understanding.

Avoiding my question he hovered over me before he landed a sweet kiss on my lips. "Stay the night, I'll be back in a few hours." I just nodded in agreement as he got dressed again and left the house.

When I heard the front door close, I got off the bed and headed for Nate's closet. I changed into one of his shirts, I let my hair down and crawled into the bed alone.

I understand that duty calls but at this time what kind of duty is it? It makes me question our trust. I mean I know I'm not a very open person but I feel like I can be with him, I just wonder if he feels the same way.

As much as I felt like I needed to, I didn't regret what just happened between me and Nate. It felt right like the stars had aligned. I would like to believe that the universe wants us together, but who knows.