Home Sweet Home

Over the first month of (Y/N)s life, the doctors did everything in their power to give the best chance of survival they could. But even though she had been getting better at first, she hadn't gotten any better in a few weeks and Owen was being faced with the choice to keep trying everything or pull the plug. (Y/N)s mother had left as soon as the doctors would let her, she had even left the island at the first opportunity. Obviously, Owen didn't want to lose his child but he also didn't want her to be in pain, so basically he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He had no family to help him with the decision, his parents had made it clear that they didn't want to see him again and he really didn't have any other family. 

As more time went by he was slowly pushed toward making a decision, he felt so helpless to do anything to help his daughter or make a decision. Finally, he decided that if she didn't make any improvements within the week he would let them pull the plug on her. 5 days went by and she never got better and he began to worry that he would have to pull the plug on his daughter, he knew he could change his mind but she was in pain and if she wasn't getting better then it was hurting her more to keep her alive. He just wanted what was best for her but he wasn't sure what that was. A few hours later the doctors came in with some of her test results. 

"Mr. Grady, we have the test results if you'd like to know," The doctor said.

"Sure, can't be much worse right," He replied his eyes never leaving his daughter.

"She's getting better, quite a bit better. If she keeps going like this she'll be out of here within two weeks," The doctor said.

At first, Owen didn't say anything, he was trying to make sure his ears hadn't deceived him and that it wasn't a joke. Then he stood up and faced the doctor.

"You're serious?" He asked.

The doctor nodded her head.

He couldn't even say anything but once the doctor left he sat back down by his daughter.

"You hear that? You might be going home soon," Owen said to her with a giant smile on his face.

Thankfully she did keep getting better and a week and a half later she finally went home. Owen thought he was dreaming the whole time but he knew it was real, his baby girl was finally going home.

"Well, welcome home. It's a bit small but don't you worry I'm gonna make us a bigger place," Owen said to her as he brought her inside for the first time.

The first few days were a mess, he didn't really know what he was doing at all, but he eventually figured it out. 

"You know you're a lot of work but it's much better than wondering if you're even gonna live," Owen said to her one night.

"I'm talking to a baby. It's not like she's gonna talk back," Owen said shaking his head.

"The Raptors might be jealous, they won't be number one anymore," Owen said as he sat down to watch some TV.

He heard her start to get a bit fussy.

"Shh, this is a good movie," He told her putting a finger to his lips.

Then she started to cry. 

"Alright, alright, I'm up," Owen said getting up quickly and going over to her.