A Little Common Sense Is Nice

(Y/N) sat on the floor playing with Lowrey's dinosaur figures while the rest of the control room was in a subtle panic. They hadn't heard anything from Owen and Claire which meant that they hadn't run into any trouble or they had and they didn't have time to call back to the control room. She knew all of this, she had always been a smart kid, it didn't take her long to figure most things out. Then a call came through on Lowrey's line.

"Hello?" Lowrey answered.

"We found out where she was," Claire said from the other side of the line.

"Okay, where was that?" They were trying to keep track of where she was so they knew where she was going and when she would get there. 

"In the Apatosaurus area, she killed them but didn't eat them," Claire replied.

(Y/N) listened closely for any hint of her father's voice, but she heard none.

Claire hung up a few seconds later after promising to call with any new information. 

With Claire and Owen at the waterfall:

"Oh my God, they jumped," Claire stated out loud in a worried tone.

"Brave kids," Owen replied, he knew that meant they were still alive, had they not jumped they wouldn't even have that chance.

"Zach! Grey!" Claire began to shout.

Owen quickly put his hand over her mouth and shushed.

"Hey! I'm not one of your damn animals!" Claire shouted at him in an annoyed tone.

"Listen, those kids are alive, but you and I will not be if you keep shouting like that, I get it, you're concerned but I'd like to get back to my daughter alive so keep it down," Owen ordered harshly.

"So, you can pick up their scent can't you? Track their footprints?" Claire asked.

Owen just stared at her for a moment, halfway between 'what the hell' and annoyed.

"I was with the Navy, not the Navajo," Owen finally settled on as a reply.

"So what do we do? What do you suggest we do?" Claire asked quickly.

"You go back, I'll find them," Owen replied.

"We'll find them," Claire corrected.

"You'll last 2 minutes out there, less in those ridiculous shoes," Owen replied, completely at his wit's end, again.

She didn't say anything, just stared at him defiantly then she unbuttoned her shirt, and tied it, showing her purple tank top, and placed her hands on her hips.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Owen asked, completely lost.

"It means I'm ready to go," Claire replied in a tone that said 'how do you not know what that means.'

"Okay, let's get one thing straight. I'm in charge out here. You do what I say when I say it, exactly when I say it," Owen basically ordered.

"Excuse me?" Claire asked as if she was offended.

"Relax, it's gonna be just like taking a walk through woods. 65 million years go," Owen replied.

Claire sighed and walked away from him, he sighed wondering how he was not gonna kill her, at this rate she wouldn't have to worry about the dinosaur. 

"I only have to run faster than her," Owen whispered to himself, laughing a little at his own joke.

Back at the control room:

(Y/N) was listening intently to what everyone was saying.

"Every time this thing kills it moves further South. It's headed straight for the park," Lowrey stated.

"Why would she come here?" Masrani asked, having returned from the lab.

"She senses thermal radiation, our emergency measures just put all the warm bodies in one place," Vivian answered.

"Ingen, Hoskins," Hoskins suddenly called from behind them.

"I know who you are," Masrani replied, (Y/N) knew this wasn't going to end well, she also knew why he was here.

"Then you know why I'm here.

I've been working for two years on an application for those Raptors. They can hunt and kill that creature, " Hoskins said, getting straight to the point.

"Your program was to test their intelligence," Masrani replied.

"Yeah, it was. And we did. And we learned something in the process. They follow orders. You see, the solution to your problem is standing right in front of you," Hoskins said, he was desperate to get what he wanted.

"They won't follow your orders. And you won't get my Dad to go along with it. Have you seen that thing, they won't be able to kill it, they're smart but they don't have the power to take down something that big and if you try to shoot it you'll hit them," (Y/N) suddenly interjected.

Hoskins started to go towards her but Masrani stopped him.

"Let me make this clear, no Velociraptors are going to be set loose on this island," Masrani said.

"Shit. You're out of your mind! What are you going to do with all these people? You got 20,000 people here. What are you going to do? They have no place to go. That thing is a killing machine! And it will not stop," Hoskins said menacingly.

"Okay. I intend to personally look into your project to determine its viability within the moral principles of this company," Masrani said mostly to get him to go away.

"Okay boss. What's your next move?" Hoskins asked. 

"Owen Grady's plan," Masrani replied, looking to (Y/N) for a short second.

A/N: Remember I'm still taking suggestions for this story, I'd love to hear your ideas!