Control Room Idiocy

(Y/N) had already made it down the stairs by the time Owen got there. He picked her up off the ground and he wrapped her arms around his neck. After a few moments, he put her back on the ground but stayed on her level. 

"I thought I told you to stay where you were," Owen said, it sounded like he was scolding her but really he was just concerned. 

"I was worried about you," (Y/N) replied shyly sensing the upset tone in her father's voice.

"It's okay, I'm not mad just worried," Owen replied looking away from her at the last part.

"What are we gonna do?" (Y/N) asked in a terrified tone.

"We're gonna take this one step at a time, okay? First, let's get to the control room," Owen reassured her.

She simply nodded her head, it didn't take long to find one of the worker's vehicles that had been left behind during the breakout. The whole drive (Y/N) was looking around cautiously, he wished he could do something to make her feel better about the whole thing, but the truth was he wasn't so sure this would end well for anyone. No one said anything but they made it to the control room with no sign of the killer hybrid. It was obvious that there had been no announcement yet because everyone was carrying on in the park, like any normal day.

(Y/N) could tell her father was very upset about the situation as they went up the elevator. When they got to the control room someone asked for Owens identification but he simply pushed past them.

"What the hell happened out there?" Owen demanded as he made his way towards Claire. 

The security guard stopped (Y/N) from following her father any further.

"Keep your hands off my daughter!" Owen quickly scolded the security guard before turning back to Claire.

"There are thermal cameras all over that paddock. She did not just disappear!" 

"It must have been some kind of a technical malfunction," Claire replied, making up excuses.

"Were you not watching? She marked up that wall as a distraction. She wanted us to think she escaped!"

Even though the security guard was no longer stopping her (Y/N) stayed where she was, when Owen got mad she knew to give him space.

"Hold on. We are talking about an animal here," Claire replied.

"A highly intelligent animal," Owen corrected in a pissed tone.

"400 meters to the beacon," One of the ladies called out.

Owen looked up at the screen to see the practically useless weapons that the team had

"You're going after her with non-lethals?" Owen asked in a slightly dumbfounded tone, surprised that they were really that dumb in this situation.

"We have $26 million invested in that asset. We can't just kill it!" Masrani defended.

"Those men are gonna die," Owen replied.

"300 meters to the beacon."

"You need to call this mission off right now," Owen ordered.

"They're right on top of it," The lady from before once again called out.

"Call it off right now," Owen ordered at his wit's end.

"You are not in control here!" Claire snapped.

They all listened as the tracker turned off and they waited to hear anything.

"The blood's not clotted yet, it's close," The commander said.

"What is that?" Masrani asked in a slightly terrified tone.

"That's her tracking implant, she clawed it out," Owen answered, the fear was definitely easy to sense.

"How would it know to do that?" Claire asked.

"She remembered when they put it in," Owen replied.

Suddenly they heard a scream from over the intercom.

"It can camouflage!" The commander screamed.

They listened to the chaos ensue. (Y/N) covered her ears and turned away from the screen, this was all becoming too much for her. She just stood there shaking her head, thinking to herself that it was all just a bad dream. 

"Evacuate the island," Owen ordered.

"We'd never reopen," Claire responded, dumbfounded.

"You made a genetic hybrid, raised it in captivity. She is seeing all of this for the first time. She does not even know what she is. She will kill everything that moves," Owen replied, the tone in his voice sent a shiver down everyone's spine.

"Do you think the animal is contemplating its own existence?" Masrani asked.

"She is learning where she fits in the food chain, and I'm not sure you want her to figure that out. Now, Asset Containment can use live ammunition in an emergency situation. You have an M134 in your armory. Put it on a chopper and smoke this thing!" Owen ordered, tired of all the BS.

"There are families here, we can't just turn this place into a warzone," Claire replied strictly.

"You already have!" Owen replied.

"Mr. Grady, if you're not gonna help, there's no reason for you to be in here," Claire told him.

Owen took his anger out on Lowrey's dino collection before approaching Mr. Masrani.

"I would have a word with your people in the lab. That thing out there, that's no dinosaur. I have a lot to lose here and I'm not going to waste my time trying to change your minds, figure it out before more people die."

For the first time since he had scolded the security guard, Owen turned to his daughter who was still in the same situation as the last time she was mentioned. Owen quickly made his way to her and pulled her hands away from her ears. She looked at him with tear-filled eyes, he wiped her tears away.

"Let's get out of here," Owen said to her before they left.