Date Night

Barry had set Owen up with a date with the one and only Claire Dearing, he didn't wanna go, she was too sophisticated for his taste but he was being a gentleman. Barry was going to watch (Y/N) while he was on his date. Barry had already arrived and (Y/N) was sitting on the porch, watching and waiting, after all her father had never been on a date since before she was born. 

"You know, I don't wanna go either," Owen said trying to cheer her up.

"So stay here," (Y/N) suggested.

"I can't, that wouldn't be very nice of me," Owen said.

"So take me with you," (Y/N) suggested, trying anything.

"Sorry, can't," Owen said with a slight laugh.

"Why not?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well, it's not exactly the best to bring your 4-year-old daughter on a first date with your boss," Owen explained.

"She's your boss?"

"Yeah, kinda, I don't try to think about it but a lot of people are my boss," Owen replied.

"But you're the boss of a lot of people," (Y/N) said.

"Yeah, I suppose," Owen said.

"You're my boss aren't you?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Not exactly, for one I don't pay you, plus I prefer being your dad than being anyone's boss," Owen said.

Then a fancy car pulled up, he had no idea why she was coming to get him but he didn't really wanna know all that bad.

"Well, I gotta go, I'll be back in a few hours, be good," Owen said.

"Okay," (Y/N) replied simply. 

"Do I get a hug before I leave?" Owen asked pouting.

"Why not," (Y/N) said hugging him.

Then he got up and walked down the steps.

"You know I'm perfectly capable of driving right?" Owen asked.

"I had nothing better to do," Claire replied swiftly.

"Hey!" They both turned at (Y/N) sharp call, she was still standing on the porch.

"He's my Daddy so you better bring him back," (Y/N) ordered.

Owen looked at Claire with a goofy grin and shrugged his shoulders finally Claire turned back to (Y/N).

"I will, don't worry," Claire replied before getting into the car.

WITH OWEN:

"Sweet kid," Claire said as they began to drive away.

"Thanks, I've never left her like this since she was born, this is completely new to her," Owen replied, and Claire just nodded her head.

After they ate they talked for a while, they didn't really have anything in common and she mostly criticized him for his lifestyle and the way he was dressed. Honestly, he couldn't wait to get back home. She mostly talked about how stressful her life was running the island and she never called the dinos anything but assets which bothered him slightly, they were living things, after all, not just objects. 

WITH (Y/N) & BARRY:

(Y/N) stood outside for a while after Owen was out of sight before Barry came out.

"Well, you wanna play some board games before supper?" Barry asked trying to pull her attention away from things.

"Sure," She simply replied.

So they played Chutes and Ladder and Monopoly for a while and (Y/N) won a few and lost a few. They had pizza around 5:30 and then watched a movie until it was time for her to go to bed.

"Is my daddy gonna be back soon?" (Y/N) asked as she crawled into her bed.

"I'm sure he won't be long, but the sooner you go to bed the sooner you'll get to see him," Barry said as (Y/N) pulled her blankets over her.

"You need anything?" Barry asked.

She shook her head and watched him begin to leave the room.

"Don't shut the door all the way," (Y/N) as he walked to the doorway, he closed it enough to keep the light out. 

It was a half-hour later by the time Owen got home.

"Thanks for watching her, any trouble?" Owen asked.

"She beat me in a few board games, she went to bed about a half-hour ago so she hasn't been asleep long," Barry said before leaving.

Owen shut the door behind him, it was about 9.

"Daddy?" (Y/N) voice rang out from by her room door.

"Hey baby girl, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" Owen asked walking over to her.

"I heard you say bye to Barry, are you going out with that lady again?" (Y/N) asked, she looked half asleep.

"I don't think so," Owen replied as he picked her up.

"That's good, I didn't really like her," (Y/N) said.

"Yeah, me either," Owen said as he laid her back down in her bed.

"Daddy?" 

"Yeah."

"Are you gonna get married?" (Y/N) asked.

"Probably not, but you never know. Why? Would you like that?" Owen asked curiously.

"Mmm, not really, I think things are just fine the way they are," (Y/N) replied.

"Me too. I love you, now go to bed, remember you're coming with me to work tomorrow," Owen said as he walked out of the room.

Little did they know the next day was one that would change almost everything. . . 

Quick Author's Note: I don't really like doing these so I'll make it quick. This story had gotten a lot of views over a short period of time, faster than any of my other stories, at least I don't think any of them grew this fast and they sure didn't this soon. So I just wanna thank you guys for making this my fastest-growing story in such a short period of time, it makes me really happy because I wasn't sure if anyone would even like this story, if there is something you wish I would change please let me know and I'll see what I can do!😁