Together At Last

(Y/N) closed her eyes, this was all like a big nightmare for her and it became too much for her to take long ago but she had no choice but to keep going. But now, no one knew she was all of the way out here and she was being hunted down by a Raptor that was just taking its time since it knew that there was time to spare. Even with her eyes closed (Y/N) could still tell what was going on, she could hear Charlie coming closer, and closer. Then there was a gunshot and Charlie stumbled a bit away from (Y/N) and she finally opened her eyes to see Charlie run off into the trees, partly limping letting out pain-filled cries.
    (Y/N) turned her head back in the direction that the shot had come from to see Owen already making his way to her, she had never been so happy to see him. He dropped to the ground and pulled her close, he held her tight to him, he never wanted to let go. Finally, (Y/N) felt safe, or at least safer than she had all day. After a few moments, which seemed way too short, Owen gently pushed her back.
    “Are you okay?” Owen asked in a slight panic, he gently ran his thumb near the cut on her head, inspecting it.
    She nodded and tears streamed down her cheeks.
    “Hey, baby, it’s gonna be okay, I promise,” Owen said trying to reassure her.
    “How did you find me?” (Y/N) asked in a shaking voice.
    “I just knew,” Owen replied simply with a small smile.
    Then a scream sounded from where they had left the vehicles, Owen turned his head towards the sound for a few seconds before turning back to (Y/N).
    “Let’s get out of here okay. Listen, I know you’re scared but I need you to listen to me and do what I say,” Owen told her in a gentle yet serious voice.
    She nodded her head and Owen took her hand and began to lead her back towards the vehicles. She was grateful for his gentle grip, she could already see a bruise forming on her arm from the other men and Hoskins. She kept looking around and so did he and he stopped just before they got into the small clearing, after making sure the coast was clear he led her to the motorcycle, not the safest thing for a little kid but he didn’t have much of a choice. Thankfully, they made it to the Visitors Center and met up with Claire and her nephews with no additional problems.
    “Control room. That way,” Claire directed as they made their way through the lower area of the Visitors Center.
    Owen made sure that (Y/N) could keep up but Claire stopped by the lab.
    “They evacuated the lab,” Claire said as they looked around.
    Owen and (Y/N) both knew that this was a bad idea but before they could convince the others to get back on track there was the sound of a briefcase slamming shut, they all turned to see what was going on.
    “What are you doing?” Claire asked in what could be compared to an offended tone.
    “I’m afraid that’s above your paygrade honey,” Hoskins said and everyone turned to face him, (Y/N) hid behind Owen but made sure she could see.
    “Where’s Henry?” Claire asked.
    “Doctor Wu, he works for us,” Hoskins revealed.
    “That’s not a real dinosaur,” Gray pointed out.
    “No, it ain’t, kid. But somebody’s gotta make sure that this company has a future. Imagine, that one, a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, able to hide from the most advanced military technology. A living weapon, unlike anything you’ve ever seen. You see, millions of years of evolution, what did we learn? Nature is the gift that just,” Hoskins explained before being cut off by Delta jumping into the room.
    “Shit!” Hoskins shouted, Owen pulled (Y/N) back away from Delta, keeping her behind him.
    “Easy. Easy, boy. Easy. Hey, hey. We’re on the same side, right? Right? Easy. I’m on your side,” Hoskins said trying to calm Delta.
    “She’s a girl,” (Y/N) whispered, only she and Owen hear it.
    Then Delt chomped down on Hoskins’ arm causing him to scream.

    A/N: I’m still taking suggestions for this story and my other Owen Grady x Daughter Reader story- Alpha Minds. The part of this part of this story where the Raptors turn on (Y/N) was suggested by Bby_dances11, I hope I got your request right!