We're Finally Here

Maisie used the commotion made by (Y/N) trying to escape to make her own escape but she couldn't help but freeze when she heard a gunshot and looked up in time to see blood flying. She wanted to stay there but she knew she had to run now if she had any chance at getting away. Maisie ended up running into Ellie Satler and Alan Grant shortly after their fiasco with the locusts. 

"You're doctor Ellie Satler and Alan Grant. You were at Jurassic Park," Maisie commented, a few tears still rolling down her cheeks. 

"What are you doing here?" Ellie asked.

"I'm Maisie Lockwood. My grandpa knew John Hammond," Maisie answered.

"Hey, we don't- we're not- we don't work for Biosyn," Ellie explained.

"I can tell," Maisie said, a bit of her sarcasm coming back. 

"Are you okay?" Ellie asked.

"My friend just got killed," Maisie replied.

"We should go," Alan said, trying to break things up, they could talk about this later, once they didn't have to worry about being caught.

At the same time, Owen, Claire, and Kayla had just experienced the Quetzalcoatlus attack. 

"This plane is going down! If you're gonna, you need to do it now! I only got one chair and she's sitting in it!" Kayla shouted over all the other sounds. 

Owen made his way to Claire.

"We gotta get you off this plane!" Owen told her.

"What?" Claire asked nervously.

"The parachute is gonna open automatically. If it doesn't, you pull this lever. Do you understand me? If it doesn't open automatically, you're going to pull this lever here behind you, okay?" Owen explained.

"10,000 feet!" Kayla shouted back at them.

"Hey! You're the one who had to get her! You're her mom! I'll see you soon, you know nothing can get between me and my daughter!" Owen told her, trying to reassure her. 

Once she was gone, Owen got back to his seat.

"What's the plan?" Owen asked.

"Whatever happens! That's the plan!" Kayla answered.

After the crash, they managed to get out in one piece.

"That was my baby," Kayla said, standing outside her plane. 

They started walking across the ice carefully as the ice cracked lightly under their feet with each step. 

"Where'd you learn to fly?" Owen asked.

"Air Force, legacy on my mama's side," Kayla answered.

"I'm Navy. How'd you end up doing this?" Owen questioned.

They talked for a while longer before the Pyroraptor showed itself and they had to deal with that.

"You good?" Owen asked after Kayla had shocked the dinosaur.

"Yeah. Not shook at all, you?" Kayla answered.

"I got a pretty good reason to keep going," Owen replied.

"Besides the redhead and the kid?" Kayla asked.

"I love 'em both. But they took my daughter with Maisie. Don't get me wrong, I love Maisie like she was my own but this'll be the third time I've almost lost my daughter and things have been weird between us now that she's older," Owen explained.

"Damn teenagers," Kayla tried to joke. 

"Mhm," Was Owen's only response.

A/N: Sorry for not updating all week and then giving you guys a short chapter. Something came up and I haven't been in the right place, mentally and emotionally, to be writing anything good. I promise there will be regular updates next week. On a separate note, this story is drawing closer to its end, which makes me really sad because this story is like my baby. I'll do a few chapters after Dominion to wrap up (Y/N)'s life (so most likely a few short stories of the rest of her life until someone dies. . .) I'll do anything you guys wanna read for that because I'm not entirely sure of any solid ideas. But that being said, I've started thinking about what to do after my two Owen X Daughter stories are done. What would you guys think of an original story? It wouldn't be an X Reader story and it wouldn't be related to any shows or movies but I've actually gotten really excited about the idea and all you guys telling me how good this story is gave me the courage to seriously consider it. I just wanna know if you guys would be willing to give something like that a chance. Again, thank you guys for all the support you've given me and this story, it means the world to me!