And We're Off

After (Y/N) was in bed Owen began to think about the opportunity to go back to the island and save Blue. She was right, Blue had saved her when he couldn't and after a few hours of debating and watching old footage, he finally made his decision. She deserved a chance, no matter how small but no matter what he had to make it back to his little girl. He was already packed when (Y/N) woke up surprisingly early.

"What are you doing?" (Y/N) asked making him freeze.

"Packing," Owen replied simply even though he knew that wouldn't suffice. 

"Where are you going?" (Y/N) asked.

He stayed silent, he had no idea why.

"You're going to the island aren't you?" 

He nodded his head.

"And me?"

"You'll stay with one of your friends, I already checked with her parents," Owen answered.

"Uh, no," (Y/N) said confidently.

Owen gave her a confused look, half lost and half knowing what she was going to say just because of how she said it.

"I'm going with you," (Y/N) continued.

"No, you're not," Owen said and walked past her, out of his room.

She quickly followed him and got out in front of him.

"Oh, yes I am," (Y/N) demanded.

"No, you're not. End of discussion."

She stood there with her arms crossed glaring daggers at him. It was a bit of a staring match for a while before Owen spoke.

"Okay, fine," Before she could celebrate he continued, "But, you are staying at the dock, away from the dinosaurs, and you are going to do exactly what you're told, exactly when you're told."

"Sure, stay away from dinos on an island filled with em, easy," (Y/N) said rolling her eyes. 

"You know what I mean."

With that, they were on their way. 

"I'll be careful," (Y/N) suddenly said from the back seat, sensing Owen's worry.

"I know, you're careful and you think things through and that's the only reason you're coming along," Owen replied.

"I don't believe that."

"What?"

"I don't think that's the only reason."

Owen waited for her to continue.

"You do know this isn't a redo right?" (Y/N) finally asked.

"Redo of what?"

"The last time we were on the island."

"I know," Owen replied after a few moments of hesitation.

Soon enough they were on the plane.

"What do we do now?" (Y/N) asked.

"Wait," Owen replied simply.

After a while, Claire finally showed up with two other people.

"Owen," Claire said shocked.

"Didn't think you were ever gonna show up," Owen simply replied.

Seconds later 2 other people got on the plane.

"Oh, um, this is Zia Rodriguez," Claire introduced.

After a short conversation between the two Owen was then introduced to Franklin. 

"Nervous flyer?" Owen asked after introductions were out of the way.

"Would you ride a thousand-pound horse that's been abused all its life?" Franklin asked.

"I rode my motorcycle through the jungle with a pack of Raptors."

"We're not compatible."

"You don't say," (Y/N) chimed in sarcastically.

After noticing the confusion on everyone's face to there being a child along Owen explained.

"This is my daughter (Y/N), she grew up on the island and refused to be left at home," Owen explained.

A few short moments later they were on their way back to the island that held both good and bad memories and experiences, both from the past and yet to come.