Oh Boy

It was just the next day that Owen and (Y/N) were hanging around outside, not really doing much special but it was a nice day and they didn't wanna waste it being inside. But as the day went on it got hot, (Y/N) was laying in the grass in the last little bit of shade by the house. 

"Can we go down to the lake?" (Y/N) asked.

"My thoughts exactly," Owen said getting up off the ground.

"Do I have to change?" (Y/N) asked.

She was already in shorts and a tank top so he shook his head. 

Even with how hot it was (Y/N) still called out, "Race ya!"

She beat him, but he wasn't really trying. (Y/N) kept running to the end of the dock and jumped into the water. Owen just shook his head and laughed. 

"Much better," (Y/N) said contentedly. 

"Are you coming in?" (Y/N) asked.

"Maybe," Owen said but sat down on the dock and let his feet dangle in the water.

"That's not in."

"My feet are in."

"Come on!" (Y/N) jokingly whined as she hung on his feet. 

"You're so fun to mess with," Owen whispered under his breath.

"What?" 

"Nothing," Owen said quickly. 

"Oh come on ple- Fish!" 

Owen just burst out laughing, "So easily distracted."

This pulled her attention back to him, "Come on please, it's boring by myself."

"You seem to be able to keep yourself entertained."

"Yeah but only for a little bit."

Owen let out a sigh, "Fine," he loved messing with her.

By the time Claire showed up they were acting like complete children.

"Owen," Claire said quietly.

"Owen!" Claire louder getting his attention, she stayed at the start of the dock.

This finally got his attention, he easily pulled himself out of the water and onto the dock, leaving (Y/N) in the water trying to do the same. 

"Why are you here?" Owen asked.

"Can I buy you a beer?" Claire asked.

"Little help!" (Y/N) called from the water.

Owen looked down at her and pointed toward forward, "Shore's that way."

She huffed but made her way to shore fairly quickly.

"Did you bring them or do we gotta like go somewhere?" Owen asked Claire.

Before anything else was said (Y/N) got onto the dock and walked to Owen trying her best to look mad. 

"What was that all about?" (Y/N) asked.

"I'm sorry. Here, I'll help you out this time."

She gave him a confused look, he easily pushed her off the side of the dock then picked her up out of the water. 

"Really?" (Y/N) said unenthusiastically.

Owen just laughed before turning his attention back to Claire.

"We'll have to go somewhere."

"In that case, we'll have to change," Owen said as they headed back up the hill. 

"Can I have a pop?" (Y/N) asked.

"No," Owen answered.

"Can I have a beer then?" (Y/N) asked.

"You can have a pop," Owen said, not really thinking about his reply.

"I win," (Y/N) said excitedly and walked past him up the hill.

"Hey! Oh, Never mind," Owen said knowing it was more work than it was worth to try and win. 

"She hasn't changed much," Claire said.

"She did for a long time, it took a lot of time and effort to get her back to semi-normal," Owen said remembering how hard it had been for her after Jurassic World fell.