Thank You!

So, I'm just gonna take this chapter to talk about this story seeing as it was the first story I wrote that got more than a couple of reads. 

The idea for this story first started a few months after I saw Fallen Kingdom. At first, I just wanted to read a simple, one-part story. I tried finding one but never found anything like what I was looking for. So, I figured, well, I'll just write it myself, if people like it, great, and if not, then there's no harm done. In the end, my beginning idea didn't make it into the story in the way I had imagined it. The idea was that (Y/N) would be Owen's daughter and during the events of Fallen Kingdom she would feel left out because of how much attention he was giving Maisie. Then (Y/N) would end up getting hurt and everything would work itself out in the end.

You can still find bits of that at the end of the Fallen Kingdom arc and during the Dominion part. Granted, I did end up taking the bit at the end of Fallen Kingdom a bit far but it's still one of my favorite parts because of everything that came into play in those chapters. 

When I first started this story I had tried to write a few stories before that, none of them making it very far and two of them aren't up for viewing anymore because of poor quality. So, I didn't have high hopes for this story, I figured it would just be something I'd write a couple of chapters for fun, and then it would just sit there. But, one of my friends told me to give it try and said the story was a good idea, so I figured I'd give it my best shot. I still remember the morning when I checked my phone, the night before it had been at 300 reads and suddenly it was at 900. I almost screamed, ran to my bedroom, called the friend I mentioned before, and cried. Things only got better from there.

My simple little one-shot idea turned full-blown story now had 77.4k reads and 1.9k from the side story. If you put that all together that 79k more reads than the first story I ever tried to write here, which again, is no longer public because I'll be the first to admit, it was terrible. And the fact that my other Owen Grady x Daughter Reader story beats this one by 2.7k reads is something I never imagined when I started this story. Fun fact, my other story is getting a sequel so feel free to go check that out if you might be interested. 

This story taught me that even though something seems so impossible and out of reach, it can still happen. And it can happen to anyone. So, if you have a story idea, go for it! You never know what could happen. I'll be writing a sequel for my other story and I'm planning on starting an Attack on Titan story once I have a storyline figured out.

But, I never could have made it this far without you guys. I took a lot of long breaks for mental health because I couldn't focus on anything, even things that made me happy, like writing. But, when I started writing again this story was still getting reads with each update. I really can't tell you how much this story and your guys' support has meant to me. I've loved reading all your comments and every vote still makes me smile. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been so down and out I couldn't even get out of bed and then gotten a comment notification and it's cheered me up enough to get me through the day. Thank you, guys, so much for everything, it's been quite the adventure but all good things must come to an end. 

Sincerely,

BurntSS (I'm not a fan of that name).