Don't Do That!

The days (Y/N) got to go along with her father to work were always the best days in both their books, Owen got extra time with his daughter, and (Y/N) got to see what her daddy did. Today was bound to be an interesting day because Vic Hoskins was coming to see the progress with the Raptors. 

Owen was up on the catwalk with (Y/N) ready to start the training for the day. The girls chased the pig into the open area of their pen and their attention was drawn to the catwalk above them when Owen called out for them. Once they obliged to his orders he began to move towards the bucket of rats, they followed him every now and then stopping to snap at each other. They all got their rats until only Blue was left.

"Blue, this ones for you," Owen called out pulling her attention to him.

Blue caught the rat in her jaws and all of the Raptors stayed still waiting for their next orders. Owen gave the signal for them to go and they ran off into the forest. Barry came over and congratulated him, then Owen turned to (Y/N) but before he could say anything Hoskins came over. Owen sighed before turning to face him. (Y/N) was too distracted by the Raptors to pay much attention to the conversation but she stayed close behind her father. She went cautiously down the stairs and then ran to catch up with them, she stayed back when Owen went into the cage that was connected to the Raptor enclosure. She got distracted by a bug on the ground and tuned out the conversation.

"Pig lose!" The new guy called, pulling her attention back to what was going on.

She saw the new guy fall and knew that he was in trouble because the Raptors wouldn't question whether to eat him or not. She half expected yet was fearing what happened next. She saw Owen run into the cage and her heart dropped, she was terrified of what was going to happen. 

He held back the Raptors while the new guy got out of the cage. Now he was left with the problem of getting back out.

"Delta, I see you back up!" Owen called out trying to put enough room between him and the Raptors so that he could make a run for it.

"Close the gate," Owen ordered Barry calmly.

"Are you crazy?" Barry asked frantically.

"Just do it, trust me," Owen replied never taking his eyes off of the Raptors.

Barry looked at (Y/N) before pressing the button that caused the gate to slowly go down. She was scared and he could see that and could only hope Owen knew what he was doing. At the last second, Owen made a run for the gate and the Raptors followed, he rolled under the gate and the Raptors hit the bars, all of their prey had escaped, except the pig. He thanked Barry and then turned to the new guy.

"You're the new guy right?" Owen asked.

He nodded his head, still shaken up from what had just happened.

"Ever wonder why there was a job opening? Don't turn your back to the cage," Owen told him before walking away.

He knew Hoskins had seen what had gone down and knew that it would only make him want a field test more. He exited the cage area and he let out a sigh of relief he began to turn around.

"DON'T DO THAT!" (Y/N) shouted at him.

He turned around quickly and jumped slightly, she had never shouted that loud or in that tone. The whole place stopped, they all knew her and just realized she had seen everything that went down.

"What?" Owen asked once he had composed himself.

"Don't go running into a cage full of dinosaurs!" (Y/N) replied.

"A kid is alive because I did that," Owen tried to explain.

"But what about me! I'm YOUR kid! What if something happens to you! You're all I've got!" (Y/N) shouted close to tears.

Owen got down to her level before speak again.

"Hey, nothing's gonna happen to me. And if anything does I promise you're gonna be taken care of. You mean more to me than anything," Owen told her gently as she started crying.

He pulled her into a hug and just held her for a while before picking her up, she refused to let go.

"Can you handle things here for the rest of the day?" Owen asked Barry.

"Yeah, go home."