I pick you

Angelica hated how Thomas would ignore her like they never happened, this was the second letter that she sent to Monticello, it was returned and this time, it wasn't even opened.

She could only feel her resolve slipping away, She feels as though she had nothing left, if this had plan failed then...what else is there? She tried everything, Thomas still wouldn't budge so...what if she really flirted with marquis de Lafayette? That plan seemed to work quite well...until Alexander intervened.

She stands up and slowly made her way downstairs into the courtyard, she knew what she had to do, she had to go to Monticello and confront him.

Meanwhile in Monticello, Thomas Jefferson was angrily walking around in his gardens, he was only thinking about Angelica and Lafayette dancing, touching and laughing. He couldn't think about anything else, to think that she sent letters today, he was pissed so he sent them back. Little did he know that He was in for a surprise.

Angelica had made her way into Monticello, she flung off her horse in a fury, and rushed inside the house, a few servants had rushed by her side "M'lady the master wasn't informed of your presence!" They said following her.

Angelica ignored them and barged into his office "Where's Thomas?" She says angrily 

"Master is in the gardens" one responded "Get him now" the maid scrambled out of the room and rushed outside.

Angelica sat in his chair and frowned deeply, Today was her day.

Thomas hears that Angelica awaits in his office, and he seemed uninterested "tell her I'm busy." He said frowning, how dare she.

The maid was baffled "b-but sir!" He snapped at her "Do as I say!" 

Angelica glares at the ceiling "busy? Well then I shall join him" She stood up and marched outside, she sees him and glares at him "Thomas!" 

He ignores her and sits on the patio "Thomas!" She calls again and made her way to him "Thomas Jefferson! You! Little bastard!" She yells angrily 

You'd think he'd react by now but no, Thomas was keeping calm so he doesn't fight with her, the Lord knows how...no one could ignore Angelica Schuyler.

"Thomas! Why are you ignoring me?! What have I done to you?!" She kneels on the floor before him and takes his hand "Thomas...please if this about Alexander and my sister's marriage...I'll do anything...just talk to me..." she whispers as she kisses his knuckles "I'm sorry..." She sobs

Thomas glanced down at her and pulled his hand roughly away, he didn't mean to hurt her but he didn't want to comfort her either "Pathetic Angelica." He stands up "Why do you do this? Why don't you go to Gilbert? I'm sure he'd love to touch you" he blurted out.

Angelica's eyes widened "Thomas! What nonsense are you raving about? I've done nothing of the sort! I've only been with you!" She yells and hugs his feet "Please my love forgive me for everything I'd done." She muttered 

How quaint...Angelica Schuyler seems so out of character...ah, the things you do for love. She's begging on the floor for her lover's forgiveness? That's preposterous and unwoman-like

Any normal man would forgive their woman easily, but Thomas Jefferson was no normal man, he can hold grudges until his dying breath.

"Tommy...please I love you..Please don't end this...don't end us..." she cries and grips his pants leg "I'd do anything" 

Thomas stays silent and looks down at her, he pats her head "leave. Before you embarrass yourself some more"

Angelica shakes her head "No! No! I'm not leaving Thomas! You can't make me!" She gripped tighter "Tommy..." he frowns and closes his eyes "Angelica leave before I drag you out, myself"

This just got to a new level

Angelica had to act fast 

"I'm pregnant!" She hissed internally when she blurted out that lie, no way she was pregnant Thomas always pulled out.

"Angelica. Stop it." He says sternly making her flinch

"Thomas! Please..." she looks up at him "I love you...I want you... I chose you." She says biting her lips "I don't want anyone else but you." He looks down at her once more, he could feel his heart and his resolve breaking "Angie..." he whispers

"I loved you before we met Thomas! Please...let me love you" Angelica stares into his eyes searching for an emotion, anyone.

Thomas sighed "Get up...Please Love" he whispers and she shakes her head "No...not until you say you love me, not until you say you love me..." Angelica says "Angelica..." "No! Tell me Tommy! Or this life isn't worth-"

Thomas snapped "Angelica!" This moment Angelica shuts up

"I choose you." He whispers then kneeled down before her, their foreheads touching

"With this hand I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this moonshine, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine."

Thomas takes off his signet ring and slips it on her finger

"Thomas...yes..." she whispers breathlessly, closing her eyes

"I love you my beautiful wife to be" he pecks her lips 

Now, wasn't that the perfect way to get eloped?

(This chapter is by King_George_Federick