Take a Break

Philip and Eliza were sitting in the living room at the piano, Eliza was teaching Philip how to play since that her and her sisters had learnt how to play so she thought it would be a good idea to teach all of her children how to also "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf" Eliza said wanting Philip to repeat it "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf" he said put mest up 'Sept, huit,neuf' which made Eliza smiles and said "Sept, huit, neuf" she said which Philip said but struggled "Sept, huit, neuf" she said again with Philip saying perfectly this time then Eliza said "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine" she said gently.

While Eliza was teaching there oldest son the piano, Alexander was hard at working on how he will convince Thomas and James to agree with his plan with the bank, he had been working at it all day matter of fact he has been working on how to convince them since they had disagreed with the bank idea of Hamilton's bank. After a while the piano stopped playing, Alexander just thought his wife and son were done with the lessons but he was shocked when his wife put her hand on his arm "Take a break" she said and kisses her husband softly "I am on my way" he said "There's a little surprise before supper and it cannot wait" she said as she goes to the door "I'll be there in just a minute, save my plate" he said which upset his wife "Alexander" she said gently as she looks at him "Okay, okay" he replied as he goes to his wife and lead her to the living room.

As Eliza held her husbands arm "Your son is nine years old today" she said and goes over to there son "He has something he'd like to say" she said gently and smiles at Philip who was slightly scared "He's been practicing all day" she said gently "Philip, take it away" she said as she rubs her sons back, Philip hugs his mom "Daddy, daddy, look" he said and gave him a letter that read.

'My name is Philip, I want to be a poet. I wrote this poem just to show it:

And I just turned nine. You can write rhymes but you can't write mine!

I practice French and play piano with my mother!

I have a sister but I want a little brother!

My daddy's trying to start America's bank

Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq!'

Alexander smiled and said "Bravo!" he said as he hugged his son "And you want a brother?" he then winked at his wife which made her giggle "Ask mama if you can" he said then Philip looked at her with his huge puppy dog eyes "oh mama can I!" he begged which made Eliza hug him "Alright but no promises though darling" she said "It might be another sister" she said gently which caused Philip to nod and run off to the dining room "How about we get away for awhile? Take the kids up to my father and mother and we could get some alone time...just us" she said as she rubs his chest gently looking into his eyes "I have to get this plan through" he said gently "I know but...you don't have time for me and the children no more" she put his hand on her belly "Just think about it...for me" she begged softly.

(Two Weeks Later)

Eliza helped her children get settled into the coach, she looks at her husband "this is your last chance...we will be gone for a while..." she said sadly, he kissed her head softly and held her "I will try and make it up there when I am done...if I can get it done time for you and our darling children to come home" he said which made her frown "So see you in a month?" she asked which made him frown "Let's hope not that long" he said then helped her in "Be good for your mother alright children" he said which they both nods "I love you all" he said "We love you papa" the children said "I love you...remember to take a break" she said gently, he smiles gently and nods "I will" he said gently and closed the door, as he watch his wife and children leave he had noticed a woman in a red dress standing alone with a child in her arms, he sighs and walks inside of his family home and went back to work and writing letters to James Maddison and Thomas Jefferson.

(Two days Later)

Alexander was hard at work when he heard a knock at the door "Come in" he said and sees the girl in the red dress "Sir I need help....my husband...he does not treat me or our daughter well...he beats me...cheats on me...he left this morning to work and never came home...I have no money" she said helplessly "Do not worry, I can give you a loan till you are on your feet...what is the name?" he asked, she bites her lip and looks at him "Maria....Maria Reynolds" she said gently.

Alexander and Maria walk back to the reynolds home, she lead him up to her room so that they could 'chat' without someone interrupting them "If that is all Mrs Reynolds then I must be going now" he said gently, Maria kisses him deeply which caused him to push her away "Stay..." She said gently "Mrs Reynolds I just can't" he said not wanting to cheat on his wife, this caused Maria let her dress fall down showing of her figure he said "Hey..." he said but was trying to fight the temptation "Hey..." she said and then kisses him which lead to his affair.