Shock

Peggy was sitting in utter disbelief, the man she had fallen for is now gone, she was heartbroken and frozen in place, she didn’t want to believe that John was really gone, he couldn’t be gone there is no way that John was gone. Alexander tried to convince her that he was really gone but she refused to listen to him, she had hope that her love was alive but as the days went by her hope slowly left her, she was crying more as each of the days went by.

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

I'm standin' there

Eliza was able to drag her out of her room and got her to sit in the sitting room, she wasn’t crying but she began to think of John and what there life could be like if he did not die and had came home to her.

On a balcony in summer air

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

See you make your way through the crowd

And say, "Hello"

Little did I know

She began to think about the first time she seen him which was the winter ball although they didn’t officially meet till the next day, she had always wished that she would have went up to him and speak to him and not get scared.

That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

And I was cryin' on the staircase

Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said

She started to think what her father might say if he did come home and if they did marry, she had always wanted her father to like the man that she married only because she had picked him and not her father, but now is miserable because she can’t be happy.

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

She remembered the night they first made love, the thought made her blush and frown, as that night was the last time she seen his face and the night that she became pregnant with his child, she was excited when she found out that she was pregnant but now is heartbroken that her child would never meet there father.

So I sneak out to the garden to see you

We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew

So close your eyes

Escape this town for a little while, oh oh

He used to write to her every day, no matter the weather he made sure that she gotten a letter from him, he wanted to make sure that she felt loved by someone and she fell madly in love with him, she missed waking up and not seeing a letter from him waiting for her.