Alone Time

Peggy had just put the children to bed, she often claimed this to be the most difficult task to complete as the twins had their father’s energy, though she never complained, out loud.

She sighs slightly raising her nightdress to make her way into the kitchen to fix herself a cup of wine, one of her companions to ease her way into a blissful sleep, that and sex of course but unfortunately, her other companion had left for Georgia so what she had left was her woes and wine.

The young widow finds herself sitting out in the porch, her mind was blank as she gazed across the cotton field, she wondered if her husband would be disappointed on how she changed, taking a sip of wine she starts reminiscing about how things were when she and John were still courting, secretly. She would sneak him up into her room and they had lay there, sometimes he would draw her, sometimes she would tease him, his blush would make a woman’s life drastically better. Peggy leans back her elbows supporting her weight, she looks up and kicks her legs “Soon I’ll be with you~ my darling~” she sings out, her hair cascading to the floor, she lets out a giggle, tomorrow will be another day, her birthday was fast approaching, yet she thought little of it, after all what is a birthday party without the person you want to celebrate it with? 

Immediately her mind went to her children, Yesterday they asked when can they meet their father, it was a touchy question, up to now she didn’t answer.

The lady slowly stood up, with tears in her eyes “Why do you hurt me when I think of you? Why can’t I remember your face?”

(This chapter is written by Sammy_Seabunny