Tomorrow there will be more of us

John and Peggy were both over the moon that they were married and allowed to be happy, John took Peggy to there home that he had once shared with his ex-wife and daughter, his ex-wife heard about the duel and what was at stake for John, she had written them a letter and poured out some wine for them, she had not known that Peggy was pregnant so she made sure that there was two glasses so she could enjoy the nice cold bubbling drink that they could have to wash down all of the nervous that they both had before the duel and there wedding.

John led his new wife into the house “Welcome home my love” he said and kissed her shoulder which made her giggle “are you going to give me a tour?” she asked which made him smile “Bedroom first?” he whispered as he kisses from her shoulder and up to the back of her ear “You already got me pregnant” she joked as she moans softly which made him smirk “never hurts to make sure that your pregnant” he whispered into her ear which made her moan “John...bedroom last” she purred as she leans back into him which made him smile “Whatever my wife wants she gets” he said and kisses her head.

The newly wed couple made their way through the house, the last room they went to on the bottom floor was the kitchen where the two glasses of wine and the letter were sitting next to them “Someone left us wine” said Peggy scared “Did someone break in?” she asked worried as she held onto John “No my ex-wife must have getting the last of her things” he said kissing her head “looks like I get two glasses of wine to myself then since you are carrying important and special goods” he said putting his hands on her belly which made him smile brightly “In there is a mini Peggy or John in there” He said with a smile which made Peggy giggle happily “I can’t wait to meet him or her” she said with a smile on her face, John grins like a child then plants kisses all over her face which made her laugh happily.

Once John was done kissing her face, he picked up a glass of wine and began to drink it “Tastes weird but drinkable” he said which made Peggy laugh “Don’t act like you have a fussy tastes when you drink anything with alcohol in it my love” she said as she cuddles into his shoulder “Oh hush Margret” he said in a joking tone which made her laugh more “Okay okay let’s go to bed this pregnancy is killing my ass” she said as she yawns “Of course my love” he said, he then leads her upstairs to there bedroom.

Once Peggy had fallen asleep, John lies next to her holding her tightly as she sleeps, he examines her face with a smile on his face that he finally is able to call her his wife. All of a sudden his throat went dry and he began to feel hot, he grabs the wine and began to drink it which only made it feel worse, he gently got out of bed not wanting to waken his young and pregnant wife, he walked downstairs and began to drink the other glass of wine in the hopes that it would help but his hopes were crushed when that wine too was making him feel like he was ready to throw up, he grabs the letter and began to read it.

While John read the letter he began to cough up blood and lots of it. His lungs were slowly stopping, he was struggling to breath and to now stand as he lay on the floor, after a while he began to call for his wife but was unsuccessful as his voice was weak due to his dry throat.

Peggy woke up early the next morning to an empty bed, she slowly sat up confused as to where her new husband had gone to, she began to think that maybe he left go out to drink to celebrate but she didn’t think he would leave without mentioning it to her first, she slowly got out of there bed and made her way downstairs.

Peggy opened the door to the kitchen and her heart sank to the floor, she fell to the floor screaming in pain as she saw new husband lying on the floor dead with blood around him, she crawled to him and put his head in her lap “John! John!” she cried out “Please…” she said as her voice crack from the amount of tears that was falling “Tomorrow there will be more of us” she whispered remembering that he had said it once while he was drunk.

Once a slave found them, who was very close to John got a doctor and police to investigate the situation. Everyone kept asking Peggy hundreds upon hundreds of questions asking if she knew who killed her husband and if it was for her, the slave that found John and Peggy had everyone away from Peggy. The salve got on his knees in front of her “I promise that I will help you with whatever you need Mrs Laurens'' he said which made her break down crying “No one has called me that...not even...John” she whispered as she covers her face, the slave frowns and hugs her gently “Mrs me and my wife will be here for you with any matter and our young son and daughter can play with the baby” he offered to her “Why are you being so nice to me?” she whispered now looking at the slave “Because I believe that we should treat people in the way that you would want to be treated” he said which made Peggy smile weakly “What is your name? Your wifes? Your childrens?” she asked gently “My name is Anthony Mrs” he said “My wife is called Willow, my daughter is called Maddie and my son is called Joseph” he said which made her smile “How old are your children?” she asked “my daughter is three and my son is six months” he said “So he’s a little baby?” she asked with tears in her eyes “Yes Mrs would you like to meet them?” he asked “I would love to” she said smiling knowing that John had treated them with high respect.

Peggy followed Anthony as they walked to the small house that he and his wife were living in “This place is lovely” she said with a smile “Your husband gave it to us since we are his personal staff” he said “Staff?” she asked slightly confused “Yes, he did not like us or himself using the term slaves so he said to refer to ourselves as staff” he said which made her smile and nod “Sounds like my husband” she said gently with a soft smile “Willow! I have a guest” he called out, a woman holding a small baby boy in her arms rushed to the living room “Dear who is this?” Willow asked her husband “This is Mrs Laurens our late master's wife” he said “Please just call me Peggy” Peggy said to the couple “Late master? You don’t mean that he died?” Willow asked her husband which made Peggy turn around and cry softly “Oh Mrs- I mean Peggy I am so sorry for your loss” she said and rushed to the crying girl and hugged her as best as she could “You can stay here as long as you want till you calm down and compose yourself” she said with a motherly tone “I told Peggy that our kids would be able to plays with hers and John’s when the baby arrives” he said which made Willow look at Peggy “Oh your wife child...why didn’t you say sooner Anthony!” She said as she gave him Joseph “I will make some tea that helps the babies calm down, believe me when I say that baby in my husband's arms only kicked when it was when I was in labour with him” she said which made Peggy giggle softly “how far along are you?” she asked the young girl “About three coming up to four months” she said which made Willow smile “oh I remember when my belly was so tiny that it was easy to hide” she said which made Peggy laugh happily.

Peggy spent the whole day with the family enjoying friendliness and kindness that they showed her “Move into the house with me” Peggy said “There is enough rooms for you all, and it saves you having to walk from here to the house especially with two young children” she said “Oh Peggy we couldn’t” Willow said “No you must, you can keep the home and stay here when you want time to get away and enjoy some adult time away from the children” she said which made Willow smile “Alright Peggy” she said which made Peggy smile and hug her tightly “Perfect you can move in tomorrow”

Peggy had written to Eliza and Alexander the first thing that she had gotten home, telling them about the events that had happened and how John had died from poisoning, she sent the letters away and tearfully got into her bed that she had now to herself and gently cried herself to sleep.