Work to do

Alexander Hamilton in bed at 8 a.m is a rare thing...

Like rare as seeing a whole beehive stop working. But that's not important... what's important was that at 8 a.m. Alexander was still in bed, he was observing his wife who was deep asleep.

He smiles softly and plays with her hair, he does it carefully so she wouldn't wake up.

Eliza opens her eyes slowly as she felt warmth near her, she smiles "Alexander..." she whispers and pecks his lips softly "You're in bed?" She says surprised, he smiles softly and pulls her on top of him and sighs heavily "Let's stay in bed for a while" he whispers, His eyes closed.

Too bad the decision was Short-Lived. A loud cry raced through the house, making Eliza whimper and Alexander groan "Phillip" they both said at the same time.

Alexander sighed "I love my son but...wrong time kiddo" he mutters as Eliza gracefully left his arms, she gives him a look "Your fault actually..." she was a bit cranky today "If you only pulled out," she says rolling her eyes and puts on her robe.

Alexander frowned "now, that's not very fair Betsy." he says getting off the bed, "you didn't want me to stop." Elizabeth blushed deeply and stayed quiet. They looked at one another almost forgetting the crying child, that's when Eliza turned away "I'm going"

Later that evening...

Alexander was in his study room,  he was busy writing letters and working, when Eliza walked in, she looks at him and sighed "Alexander? There's a letter for you from

South Carolina."

He looks up at her and smiled "It's from John Laurens.

I'll read it later." She shakes her head and touches her stomach, a wave of sickness washed over her. She sits in a chair "No, It's not."  Alexander's smile faltered "Will you...read it?" He asked cautiously "Of course..." She muttered opening the paper "on Thursday 27th, John Laurens was poisoned after marrying his true love, Margarita "Peggy" Schuyler, he is currently being autopsied by Doctor. Liam Haines, His funeral will be in three days time"

Alexander's eyes dimmed...and Elizabeth felt her stomach sink even more "Alexander...?" She whispered, he looks at her indifferently "I have work to do" he whispered

(This chapter is written by Sammy_Seabunny