Chapter 12

I've watch this past week as Clarke has tortured herself with plans to take down the mountain, draining herself fiscally and mentally, her arm obviously causing her pain as the slight movement causes her to yelp or groan in pain.
I watch as she paces the inside of my tent furiously, It late and no matter what I say I can't seem to get her to calm down, she wasn't revenge, I know better then anyone the need for revenge.

"Clarke" I say gently approaching her, she so lost in her own through she hasn't even noticed me stood only a foot away from her.

I take another step and gently grab her good arm pulling her to a holt, her eyes meet mine and I can see the internal battle she's currently fight through her blue watery tired eyes.

"stop Clarke, your exhausted." I state, my grip on her arm not losing as she try to pull away. "enough, your no good to anyone when your like this, please" I plead with her, I care about her and I hate see her tear herself apart like this.

"how can I rest when they could be fighting for their lives, being tortured and turned into reepers" she says trying to stay composed, I rub my hand up and down her good arms to try and sooth her.

"will get them back Clarke, but we need to rest, clear our minds. So we can focus on the task ahead. Going after our people means war on the mountain" I say and I watch as her strong act drops and she fall into my chest, I wrap my arms around her and just hold her for a few moments.

"can I sleep here?" her words where soft, I can't help but smile. So far we haven't spent the night in the same tent.

"you are always welcome in my tent Clarke" I say kissing the top of her head, and pulling away.

Leading her to the bed, I watch as she takes of her armour and was left in a long black top and a pair of black legging.
I also charge out of my armour and find my black nightwear which I quickly change into.

"I have a spare nightdress if you would like to borrow it?" I offer handing Clarke a similar black nightdress which she takes gladly, turning away and changing, I look across the room to allow her some privacy.
Once where both change we climb into my bed. Clarke rest her head on my chest comfortably and I run my fingers through her blonde hair clearing any knots I find.

After a while a soft snor escape her lips and I can't help but smile at the sleeping blonde this is the most relaxed I've seen her since travelling to the Skaikru camp, now here she lay fast asleep in my arms.

"Heda" the sound of my title took my attention from my sleeping lover, I see Anya walk in with a scroll in her hand, probably a message from on of the clans. Anya face turns to disappointment as she notices Clarke asleep on my chest.

"Anya?" I say with a raised brow, urging her to continue with what ever she came in here to say.

"a message from Azgada, they agreed to help with the march on the maunon" she says placing the scroll on my war table.

"you can leave now, I will review it in the morning" I say in a Commanding tone, which she just inclines her head in a respectful nod before leaving.

Cuddling back into Clarke, the comforting heat her body provided in courageing me to fall into a peaceful sleep, knowing she safe and sound in my arms

I was up and out of the tent before Clarke has chance to wake, today, I have the leaders of all twelve clans travelling to TonDc and are set to arrive for tomorrow so I need to make sure the group of Skaikru are ready to travel.

"Chancellor" I nod my head in respect as the leader of the Skaikru enters the planning tent.

"Commander, our group, is ready to travel on your command" she say pointing the the group of Skaikru whom stand outside the tent.