Chapter 24

Lexa

I've never seen Clarke like this she vomiting constantly and she seem paler then normal. She finally getting some sleep but I'm worried about her heading back to Polis on her own.
If I could I would take her back myself but I have to get to the Natbliada child before they hurt her to much.

I pace the foot of my bed waiting for Octavia to arrive, she going to hate me for this but other then the boy Axton I want someone I trust with Clarke especially where she cannot fight to protect herself.

"Heda you call for me" she say entering through the tent flaps her eyes instantly fall to Clarke as she shiver in her sleep even though it only a mild temper tonight.

"Yes in the morning Clarke is heading back to Polis she has become ill and doesn't have the strength to fight the Maunon. She will be accompanied by Axton and a few Warriors but none fight like you, if something where to happen I would want one of the best warriors with her, Octavia Kom Trikru second to Indra Kom Trikru can you ascot my SkaiPrisa back to Polis and insure her safety" I ask the dark haired warriors a small smile appears on her face.

"Sha Heda, Clarke is very lucky to have you" she says with a small smile.

Octavia and Raven Kom Skaikru have visited Clarke many times in the last two months both girls have become very close with us Raven makes Clarke laugh and Octavia does the same. There visits alway put Clarke in a great mood and it was amazing to see her smile so brightly.

"Thank you Octavia, you must prepare to leave in the morning let Indra know where you'll be going and you can chose the warriors that will accompany you" she nods her head, but I can see the sparkle in her eyes. This will be her first time taking charge and I believe she'll do very well.

Once the girl has gone I turn to see Clarke curled up in ball clenching her stomach and whimpering in her sleep.

Oh Clarke why did you have to get ill right before a battle.

I stroke her sweat filled forehead and then grab a cloth ringing it out before wiping it across her head, though she shiver her body is hotter then even and I fear for what she may have gotten.

- - -

Octavia and Axton lead the party that's taking Clarke back to Polis she was reluctant to leave at first but after loads of convincing they left and now we March towards the Azgada border where the Maunon have decided to make there camp. With the earlier threats from the Ice Nation it wouldn't surprise me if there working together.
I need to get the Natbliada back no matter what she is a child and potentially the future Heda who knows.

We travel much fast and a lot harder then yesterday we arrive at the border just after sun down and decided I make camp. The few Ice Nation warriors that's are here I can't trust, not that I full trust anyone other then Anya and Clarke.

We wake to the sound of war cry's the Mountains men have attacked, I slept in my armour so when a man with a gun came charging in I was protected slightly.

He look scared and young not like the others, his hand shaking as he held up the gun at me, I believe he was looking for somewhere to hide.

"You do not scare me mountain men" I say strong lifting my chin to show my power, he steps back and bumps into the side of the tent his eyes filled with fear and tears.

"I .. I didn't want this" his voice weak and shaky. He drops the gun to the floor and hold his hand up.

That was quick.

I hold my sword to his throat and he closes his eyes I see a tear fall down his cheek. He must be no older then 16 a boy to these people.

"I will spear you child" I say pulling my sword from his throat he drops to his knees and cries.

The battle stops outside and Anya runs in covers head to toe in red blood and dirt.

"Heda are you alright" she sees the crying boy on his knees and pulls out her sword pointing at him

"No Anya, he is a child, forced to fight in this battle" I say and she puts her sword away.

"What is your name?"I ask the boy, he looks at me with his teary eyes.

"Andew.. Andew Carter" he says his voice weak as he looks at Anya and his eyes reminded me of when we first took Clarke. He has dark blonde hair and brown eyes, he's slim build and definitely looks scared.

"Why did you attack us Andew?" Anya asks her tone of voice harsh, she's right not to trust him he's a Maunon after all.

"Cage our president he, he said we had to, that's the commander would kill us like she did everyone else in the mountain, my mum was in there" I can see the tears falling down his cheek.

"Not everyone in the mountain is dead Andew some live among the Skaikru peacefully you leader lied" a sob escape him and he just cries again.

"I thought they where dead, Cage he lied to us all" he says pulling him self together. "The Ice Queen works with Cage, they want the one you call..." he pauses and things for a moment I grown more anxious by the second

"The Sky Princess" ...