Chapter 26

Mountain man

The screams of the child is almost to much to bear where all free from the mountain so why does Cage insist on making this girl suffer.
I get the savages killed out family and I want revenge but killing the girl makes us even worse then them.

She no older then my son who died in the mountain and I can help but think of the poor girl.
Alex was my boys name and he would not be proud of me right now I bet her wouldn't even look at me.

The sound of her crying is to much and I barge in.

"Sir that's enough she's a child" I growl pointing my gun at the president, non of there others questions even thought there's only 4 of us left we where the most loyal but even we know harming a child is to far.

"You where told to watch to door soldier, I will do as I please to the girl if you have a problem then I'll have you shot" Cage says the venom in his voice is dark for even me, he seem worse since meeting the the Ice Queen and now they have some wired alliance they want to kill the girl Clarke and I do not know why.

My eyes meet with those of the curly haired girl her blue eyes filled with tears and my heart breaks.

"Yes sir" I say looking at the ground ashamed.

Suddenly a loud clang of weapons has everyone in a fighting stance guns raised the Ice Warriors are fighting the commander outside.

"If anyone enter shoot them" Cage says before walking out the room leaving the girl and us.

"Men she's a child, would your kids have been proud of you. My Alex was her age, we call them the savages but whose torturing who" I say looking at the girl. All three of them nod before throwing there guns down.

"Pick them up, the Warriors 'protecting' us will not like this will have to kill a few I'll get the girl" I say and they all jump into action before we even have time to make it out the doors fly open and a woman with Black paint over her eyes and down her cheeks, cover in blood walks in two sword in hand we all drop our weapons.

"We were about to return her to you we don't agree with Cage" I say and I undo the girl restraints. She falls to the floor with a whimper and the woman with piercing green eyes looks at me confused.

"My son died because of you, when the mountain was taken over I don't agree with torturing a child that makes us worse then you" I say sadly and her angry eyes soften.

"Your son is not dead Maunon he lives among the Skaikru with all the other Maunon children" she says a small smile playing on her lips and she lifts the small child from the ground.

I drop to my knees along side my men and we all start to cry hysterically. Our children are alive.

"Thank you" I say between tears.