Chapter 20

Lexa

I felt awful leaving Clarke but my duties as Commander must come first or else my people will see me as weak hiding in my room after such a big win at Mount Weather. I put of the feast yesterday and even then I revived loads of questions from Titus.

Lucky Clarke slept the whole night and didn't notice me gone for a few hours while I dealt with politics and putting the feast back until this evening.

Making my way into the throne, the large wooden door are pulled open for me, I walk past as everyone bowls before me, marching towards my throne I take a seat and look out at the people around.

"Rise" I simply say and every stand and takes there seats.

Once everything is sorted and started, the meeting drags on for hour, going over everything that happened at mount weather. The plans for Ton Dc rebuilds.
The festival and feasts.
It all seem to drag on, like a never ending meeting, my mind constantly wanting to get back to Clarke knowing that she'll be getting worried.

Once the meeting final finish I was left standing with Titus.

Great.

I role my eyes slightly before I look at him, he has his usually scolding look on his face.

"Heda, I tried to come talk to you yesterday after the short meeting and I was refused access to your room the doors where locked" he say walking towards me I just take a seat in my throne and glare straight at him. I really am not in the mood to deal with his controlling nature. "Care to explain?" He paces back and forth in front of my throne and I have to resist the urge to role my eyes again.

"It was a long trip to Tom Dc Titus and I would like some privacy every now and then. If I decided to lock my door then so be it" I snap back at him though he doesn't flinch and he just look at me, which for some reason seem to anger me.

"I've heard about you trip to Ton Dc, I've also heard about the night you shared a tent the Skaiprisa and how you ran blind into the mountain to get her back" I can feel the blood boiling inside me, the anger bubbling with in. As Titus steps close I clench my hands around the arm rest of my throne trying to stop myself from killing him right now.

"Who I spend my nights with is my busyness"I growl. "Remember your place Flamekeepa" I snap allowing some of the anger to show.

"Hodnes laik kwelnes" he growl and at this I snap.

"Love is not weakness!" I snap taking him back a few strides as I stand from my throne and march towards him.

"Feeling clouds your judgment, you off all people should understand that" he barks back though not with the same strength he had moments earlier

"I am more then capable of separating feeling from duty" I practically shout at him.

"Gon we" (Leave)I growl and he quickly rushes out.

"Jok!" (F u c k) I mutter under my breath as I take a few moments to calm myself down.

Knowing what Titus is like I want to get to my room before he has a chance to do anything I know my doors are locked and Anya is with Clarke but I do not trust Titus not when Clarke life hangs in the balance.

I arrive at my room to fine everything seems normal the two guards stood out side nod there heads at me before pulling the door open.

I walk into the room to find Anya and Clarke sat on my bed reading. Clarke seem to happy just sat there.

"Lexa" her little face lights up as her eyes meet with mine, like the ocean meeting with the surface, green and blue melting into each other.

Letting out a happy sigh I walk over towards them both.

"What are you reading?" I ask sitting on the edge of the bed next to Clarke, place a quick kiss on her finger tips as I take her hand in mine.

"About the history of the commander, it's so interesting, Anya's been helping me with some of the words a lot of it is in Trig and I'm not quite that good at it yet" I can't help but smile. Even after this morning she finds away to make everything work.

"I put the feast back to tonight, I was wondering if you would like to come Klarke. I will be there as will Anya and a few of my most trusted guard's to insure your safety" wrapping her finger around mine she pull mr hand to her lips and lays a gentle kiss on my finger tips the same way I did to hers.

"I would love to, but I can hardly stand how am I meant to walk" she say pulling her hands away and looking down, I catch eyes with Anya for a brief moment and with out having to use work she got up and left.

"Klarke, it doesn't matter the feast is sitting , I can carry you down to the dinning hall and from there you can sit and eat, Hodnes please don't cry" I pull her into my embrace and feel her tears soak though my clothes.

"You can't you'll seem weak carry me to a feast. I don't want to be the reason people see you as weak" her sobs break me, I rub soothing circles onto her back.

"You could never make me seem weak, after all I'm the Commander of the Twelve clans" I say sarcastically which seem to spark a chuckle in her.

"come on let me run you a bath" I say pulling away the small smile on her face makes me want to kiss her so much.

While I run the bath a knock at the door catches my attention. I unlock the door and see it's one of my few trust worthy guards.

"Ryder. I was ask to not be disturbed" I says straightening my stance and rising my jaw, which seem to make him look away.

"I know Heda I'm sorry, but there been some threats made to Skaikru by Azgada, they've started picking of few of the Skaikru that wonder to far" he says

Damn it that's not good, I don't need Azgada messing things up.

"Send message to the Queen tell her to stop the attack on Skaikru or she will have me to deal with" I say he nods his head quickly before rushing of and I close the door.

"Everything okay" Clarke asks, I smile at her and she smiles back.

"Yeah just politics don't worry"I lie and she seem to believe me as she lays back down.

•••

Two update in one day as I promise.
I probably won't be about to update for a few days so I thought after my short chapter early you could have a slightly longer chapter.

Hope you like it.

Thank you to everyone who reads this story it mean the world to me.

Please vote and comments. 😊