Chapter 1

Meredith POV

Um... I may have made a couple of mistakes, let's start off with the fact that I agreed to an engagement to the wrong guy cause he was cheating on me (not to my knowledge duh). I became friends with Cristina (not a mistake) who is not fake, unlike April. Then after she left I started to drink with McDreary who turns out when he isn't with his wife isn't so dreary. Well one drink led to another which led to another dozen and the night escalated from there.

5:00am

I wake up to the worst headache I haven't had one this bad since my party days in Europe with Sadie, and that is saying a lot. I look up to see that again I'm in my room but there's are particular smell, like cologne. My immediate reaction was please tell me that I wasn't too drunk to take Alex back. I was too scared to turn to my side and look to see if it really was Alex or some random dude in my bed so I just waited to my alarm which should sound in 10 minutes.

5:15am

My alarm began to sound, and loud. The guy starts to grunt as if asking why is there an alarm set so early. And this moment I was grateful cause I knew that sound wouldn't come from Alex, he is a morning person and would be happy for a new day of work. I was extremely relieved that it wasn't Alex but then came the question, "Who the hell did I sleep with last night?" I turn to my side to no one other than McDreary.

To say I was surprised was an understatement, all I could think about is why the fuck did I sleep with a married man? That was the reason I broke up with Alex, well not officially but hopefully he got the hint. Dr. Shepherd turns to face me and all I could think of is get out of that situation before my mom - Ellis Grey (Chief of Surgery) - or my dad - Richard Webber (Chief of General) - saw him.

I quickly get off the bed making him wake up and he looks at me (obviously I'm uncomfortable not knowing what I did the night before even though half of it was pretty obvious) and he gives me a blanket. I wondered why is he giving me a blanket do I look cold, then my body kinda felt a draft - oh my god I'm naked. I quickly grab the blanket and say "thank you". After he asks me "why don't you come here so we can finish what we started?"

I didn't know what to say so I just said that I had to go to work and that he needs leave without anyone seeing him. So he grabbed all his stuff and left. Which gave me time to go and shower before work and hopefully not see Alex. Or my mother cause I didn't want to talk and explain to her that she is done telling what to do in my life and that I was switching specialties to general because that was my passion.