Chapter 3

Author's Note
I know that in the episode I'm doing a continuation from Meredith's last name is Webber. But I don't like that because Meredith's last name is Grey and anything else seems weird.
———————————————————————————

Meredith's POV

6:00am

I finally got to work and as I pull into a parking space, I see Cristina waiting for me to go in with her. We are both on the case with the junkie with the heart problem. She said her father and mother died, but said she had a sister in the hospital. I was determined to find out who was the mystery sister.

As we were walking in Cristina handed me the coffee she got for me from the cart and we started to go over the case. And then I brought up the mystery sister she agreed with me and said that we should find out who it was.

As we get into the resident's lounge to change into scrubs Alex walks in, asking if we could talk. I did not want to talk to him, so I said that I had a patient to check on, he let me go and do my job which was a relief.

Cristina and I walk into Lucile Ball's room and we introduced ourselves, her face looked distorted when I said my name. Once we got through all the medical stuff, we asked her if she had any questions about the procedure. She said that she understood everything we said, so Cristina and I moved on to the question that was itching us to ask.

"You said you have a sister who works in this hospital? We only ask if that's true because you'll need family after the surgery."

She asked Cristina to leave which we both thought was strange since I was the one asking the question. Once Cristina left Lucile looks at me and say that I'm the mystery sister. That her name isn't Lucile Ball, but Lexie Grey.

And that after my mother left my father he remarried and had her. But when she was 10 her mom died and that after her father drank his body weight most days and died from "this stomach thing."

Meredith didn't know what to say so she just left the room without a word she just wanted to clear her head. No thinking about McDreary, Alex, Lexie, Ellis, Richard or Thatcher.

Mark's POV

6:30

My best friend isn't talking to me but that doesn't matter because my child is coming and I'm so excited to meet them. And I know Addison and I won't work out as a couple, but it's nice that we can be friends and I can be in my child's life.

As I was doing rounds I see a patient under the name Lucile Ball. I realized that I needed to have a good laugh and talk to this patient to see if they were really this funny in a conversation.

As I make my way to the room I run into Meredith Grey, she looks flustered and upset. I didn't want to say anything because I want a job here and this interaction may jeopardize that since her mom will decide what will happen.

I apologize for bumping into her but she says "don't apologize it's my fault. Sorry for running into you...." She obviously wanted to know who I was so I said, "Dr. Mark Sloan, Head of plastics in New York Hospital" She gave me her hand to shake and said "Well it was nice to meet you Dr. Sloan" then I said "likewise Dr. Grey"

Once I say her name she looks confused as if how did I know her name. I turn and told her, "everyone knows Ellis Grey's and Richard Webber's daughter." She looked a little confuse and then said she had a patient to check on but she hoped to see me around.