Chapter 5

Alex's POV

She couldn't just walk away, she said she loved me, she said she would marry me. I know what I did was a mistake , but I really do love Meredith I don't even know why I did it to be honest.

She told me that she didn't want to be with me because of my mistake with April, and returned the ring. I could believe that she would just do that, non the less without crying or being angry.

As she left the room, it got me thinking why would she do this to us, why would she leave me if I'm trying to apologize.

So I started to run after her, she got to the lobby before I could stop her. I said "No you can't break up with me, you said you would marry me. I love you and I'll love you forever. Meredith I regret what I did and I'm sorry, but I just need a second chance." So loud that everyone was listening and watching to see what she would do next.

That's when I got a little scared because she look mad, but not normal like extremely, about to need a punching bag mad. She said "I don't owe you a thing."

"I thought you were a good, kind guy, but really you're just a filthy pig who can't keep it in his pants. Was I not enough for you, were you unhappy?"

She didn't even drop a tear, which surprised me because she isn't normally a rock, she cry's when she gets upset. Maybe she fell out of love with me, or maybe she was never in love.

After word started to get around, everyone came to the lobby to see what was going on. Everyone came her mom, her dad, all the chiefs, attendings, residents, nurses, even the pathetic interns.

She said that "Alex you don't get to tell me that I have to forgive you because I said that I love you, that I would marry you. Because everything I said was true, but that was before I knew you were screwing my best friend and I only found out because Cristina told me. She is the ONLY one that I can trust because I know that she will tell me the truth even if it hurts."

After she finished I was crying in front of everyone, I could believe that her words made me cry. But that only happened because of how true they were she was enough for me to be happy, and that this was my fault.

Meredith's POV

I just wanted to get out of that situation, but before Alex could say anything, my dad and mom called for me. I was so grateful for them at that moment, they knew I want to go and not see Alex's face at least for a little while.

I walked over to them and they asked if I was switching specialties. I don't know who told them and to what they thought I wanted to switch to so I asked.

They said that Dr. Shepherd ran into dad in the house that morning and said that he was talking to me about a clinical trial and they wanted to know if I was switching to neuro.

I told them that I was switching, but I didn't know to what because I knew that if I said general Derek and I would be caught red handed and I didn't want anyone to know about my night with McDreary.

After they said that they were fine with it and would support me no matter which specialty I chose I knew that I still had to talk to Derek.