Chapter 13

Author's Note:
⚠️SPOLIERS⚠️
If you haven't watched the new episode of Grey's Anatomy that aired last night you should probably skip this chapter.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Derek's POV

She said yes, and to be honest I can't even believe it, I thought she was going to say no. I am now going to plan our date I finally settled on breakfast. I chose this cute restaurant that apparently some good food, it has a fountain in the front and it has tables outside, its very pretty.

Meredith's POV

I may have agreed to a date with McDreary, and to be honest I need to talk to Cristina about this because I need to tell someone and right now she's all that I got... oh also I can tell Lexie cause she is kinda family.

I walk to Lexie's room cause she is still in the hospital under close observation and I paged Cristina. She came and sat down on the chair next to the door as I was sitting on the chair next to the bathroom. I began to tell them the ENTIRE story, Cristina and Lexie's mouths were practically on the floor by the end of it.

Cristina then looked at me and said, "Dude his name isn't McDreary it's McDreamy." We both look at her and start to laugh and I say "I guess so." And Lexie says "I haven't met any of these people, but damn do you guys have interesting lives.'

That's when I got the call, I was sitting in a room with my sorta sister, and closest friend and tears just begin to fall. They look at me and say "Mer are you ok?" "What happened?' "Is every one alright?" Questions begin to follow as my tears just came down.

The person on the phone says "Hi this is Dillard Medical Center, my name is Dr. Blake, and we had a patient come in and he's a 28 year old male, I can't give you any more information through the phone so we are going to need you to come down." I immediately knew who she was talking about and ask "Is he alright?" She stayed silent. "If he was alright then you would tell me instead of being quiet. So I'm on my way, I'll be there as fast as possible."

I get up and say "I'll be back as soon as possible, but I'll call you guys and tell you everything when stuff calm down a bit. I don't know i they called his sister, so I have to do that too." Feeling flustered I just get up and leave I needed to go to Dillard and make sure he is going to be ok. I run to my mother's office because I need to tell hes that I'm leaving in the middle of my shift and I'm already expecting her to yell at me "How could you just up and leave." But when I told her I said I was going to explain everything in a little while and that she needed to trust me, and for the first time she said "Ok do what you need to do."

I get into my car and exceed the speed limit by 10 miles, the maximum amount that I'm allowed to go without getting pulled over. After a very long twenty minutes, I make it, I run through the door and ask "I'm here for Andrew Deluca, can you please tell me any information, or where he is, please anything." The receptionist said "Ma'am slow down, are you family?" I said "No I'm not family, but I'm his emergency contact."

She says "Follow me." I just said "hold on, before you begin to talk to me, I need to call his sister she deserves to know at the same time as I do." I call Carina and tell her everything I know and she's says that she is on her way. I walk into his room to be with him and just sit next to his bed and hold his hand as I wait for her.

She comes running into the room and says "what happened?" I say "I don't know I was waiting for you before I was told any information." We went up to the doctors to tell them we were ready to be told all of his injuries.

They began explaining everything that he was doing with the police and how the lady who kidnapped these girls was in jail and they were investigating to see who stabbed my ex boyfriend.

I couldn't believe everything that was happening and I was in denial. We waited in the waiting room as he was in the OR. That's when I called everyone and explained what was happening and by everyone I mean my mom, Cristina and Lexie cause I didn't want Andrew to be gossip.

It was 8 in the morning the next day and I got a text from Derek asking where I was. To be honest I completely forgot about the date, I texted him if we could do it another time that right now wasn't the best.

He left me on read for about 45 minutes and then texted that it was ok, but I felt that it wasn't but I wasn't going to say anything.

The doctors came out and told us that he passed that there was just too much damage and that they did everything that they could. Carina and I stayed in the hospital to sign a few papers and then it was like 1 o'clock and we were leaving.

I wanted to go home and cry with a pint of ice cream but I couldn't do that cause I had a shift and I left mine high and dry yesterday. On my way to the hospital I called my mom and told her what happened and to inform Cristina and Lexie.

Then questions came about Lexie and who she was why was I spending time with her. I didn't have the energy to talk to her about it so I told her that I didn't want to talk about it now and if we can have that conversation another day she just hung up on me and that was ok cause it was better then talking about it.

I get to the hospital and it obviously looked like I was crying but I needed to be strong. So I took all my sadness and shoved it down to deal with it another day.

I get dressed and begin to do my rounds and Derek grabs my arm and drags me into an on call room and asks "Why did you stand me up? Is there someone else? Am I not good enough?"