Chapter 18

Author's Note:
So in this chapter there is talk about Harper Avery Awards, but in the continuation of the episode that I'm doing they call it Harper Avery still. To be honest that sad excuse for a man didn't have his secrets out yet, but I don't care so I'm changing it to the new version (Catherine Fox Award).
_________________________________

Meredith's POV

I have everything set up for my new cutting edge procedure to be presented to Owen Hunt. To be honest I don't know why he would be interested in my procedure, but it's a way for it to get out there.

5 minutes later

Owen Hunt comes in and says "Tell me what you got." I replied "Ok so..."

30 minutes later

"So then the patient can have a new abdomen without having the painful and extensive surgery that consist of expanders that may not work." I finish my presentation and I'm kinda nervous about what he has to say.

Owen Hunt's POV

Meredith finished her presentation and she is definitely her mother's daughter. I knew if my sister was making this decision then she would choose Meredith's technique.

I turn my head away from the screen that had the presentation and turn it face her and say "Well I think you have your first patient."

She looks scared towards me and says "Wait you need the surgery?"

I start to laugh and say "No, but my sister will when she is transferred here." She tries to look sad for the fact that my sister needs the surgery but she can't hide her excitement for being able to preform her procedure.

She says "Ok. Do you know when she is getting transferred here and when I can speak to her about it?" I say "Yeah she comes tomorrow. You can talk to her when she gets here and then schedule the surgery for the following day."

She looks all giddy and says "Ok I'm looking forward to it, but does she know that I'm a resident?"

I say "She won't care if your a toad just as long that you could preform the surgery that can get her what she wants."

Meredith's POV

I have my first patient for my new procedure and I'm so excited. After that Owen told me what happened to her and her whole story so I can get the extent of how important this was and how bad her abdomen was.

After that I left and went to Lexie's room and paged Cristina and told them everything. By the way, Lexie got her pace maker yesterday and she only has 2 more days until they release her.

Cristina said "Dude I wish I could do something like that in cardio, but Torres would never let me. Be glad you got the hell out of there."

"You're glad that I'm gone, less competition and more surgeries for you." I said laughing. It was the truth so it made Cristina and Lexie start to laugh as well.

Lexie says "Isn't this like phenomenal news. Like you get to preform a procedure that you created yourself. Isn't that a big deal and can't you get some big award or something like that."

"To be honest, I didn't even think about it, but yeah I can." I said which was the truth. Cristina then says "If you're lucky and the surgery is successful then you can even get a nomination for a Catherine Fox."

She was right but I didn't want that in my head this surgery wasn't for awards it was to help people who wanted the option for a better procedure. I wanted to talk to Derek about this and see if we can just doing something small for our "date" like he calls it. Cause I probably won't have time to do something large, but I don't want to keep postponing it.

I excuse my self from the room, and my new mission is to find Derek and tell him everything that has been going on and to ask if he wants to push the dinner to tonight or something like that.