Chapter 14

Author's Note
If you skipped the last chapter basically Cristina gave Derek a new nickname (McDreamy) and Meredith found out that one of her ex boyfriend who was really a friend in the end died heroically and kinda missed her date with date because of it
—————————————————————————
Meredith's POV

I got to the hospital and I just wanted today to be semi normal and to forget about what happened last night.

Of course that didn't happen Derek asked me what happened and that he would like to have a good explanation as to why I stood him up.

I said "I don't need to explain to you why I needed to postpone it, just trust me when I say that I would have rather that yesterday didn't happen." His face quickly turned into confusion.

I said "I have to go do my job I guess I'll see you around." I walk out as fast as I can and hope that I don't have to have another encounter about yesterday's events.

Derek's POV

I don't know why but Meredith seems different I could tell that something happened yesterday and that it was bothering her. I needed to ask someone so I decided to go to where she's been spending some time - some patient's room.

I get there and knock at the door and walk in. I say "Hi I'm Dr. Shepherd" she cuts into my sentence very quickly and says "Ohhhh you're the guy." Not knowing what she's talking about I ask "the guy?" She said "Yeah your nickname used to be McDreary and it changed to McDreamy."

I had no idea that my nickname had changed and to be honest I like this one much better, it suited the new me. I was getting. Sidetracked and not getting my answers so I ask "So anyway do you know why Meredith stood me up?"

Her smile began to fade away, "She didn't have a good day yesterday, um..... someone she knew passed away abruptly." I knew then why she said that she wished that yesterday didn't happen. Lexie then says "Just don't push her, let her talk to you."

I didn't want to push anymore I wanted to be there when she was ready to let me in. I then think that I should just go about my day and make a plan for another date with Mer.

Meredith's POV

I walk around doing my work, scrubbed in on a few surgeries, a couple of general and neuro and thankfully no one has said anything about my extremely puffy eyes.

I finish up my shift and I get to my car and drive home, and I knew that my parents waiting for me to explain what happened and to see if I was ok. I just knew that I wasn't cause one of my good friends, who I happened to date for 6 months and then we realized we enjoyed being friends more, died.

I enter through the front door and went to the kitchen to get a snack and there they were with a cheese pizza and mint chocolate chip ice cream. They then began to talk "We heard that he passed." With that I just dropped a tear stuffing food in my mouth.