Chapter 2

Derek's POV

5:30am

After I was told by Meredith to leave and to not get caught by her parents I started to try and figure out what was the best time not to get caught. Who I may mention that her mother is my boss and her father is a colleague. This would be a tough morning if they were to see me.

Ten minutes passed and Meredith was dressed and headed out the door, but before she did I asked, "when can we talk about what happened last night?" She looked at me with a blank face hoping that I wouldn't bring up, so she said "later... not now... later , definitely later." She leaves in a hurry which then lets me listen for her parents to leave they wouldn't check in Meredith's room cause she left so I waited in there.

I hear Richard then Ellis talking about things I didn't want to hear, but I guess it's fine. Then I hear Ellis walk downstairs with Richard following and then I hear the door close, finally they left for work.  Once I hear the door close I knew the coast was clear, or so I thought.

As I began to run down the stairs in a hurry all I hear from the kitchen is Richard saying "Derek?" I turn around my face flush with no words, I didn't know what to say, what was I supposed to say "Hey my wife cheated on me with my best friend who I should mention is the one that got her pregnant. Also cause Alex cheated on Meredith we decided to have sex?"

He asked what I was doing so I came up with something that I didn't even believe. I said "that I was doing research with Meredith about that clinical trial that he pushed for me to do yesterday." He looked at me skeptical and asked "Well why are you here if Meredith is cardio and you're neuro?"

I didn't know how to answer that one, so I dismissed the question and said, "well gotta go see you at work, byeee." Once Derek got to his car all he could do was think oh my goodness gracious, he did the one thing Meredith told him not to do, he got caught. He didn't know how he was going to tell her so he just went to work hoping not to run into his soon to be ex-wife or his now ex-best friend.

6:00am

Finally I got to work, I parked in my space and to my disappointment there Addison was with Mark. To be honest they deserve each other and I just feel relieved that I won't be tied to Addison for the rest of my life. I just hoped Meredith's morning was better.