Chapter 19

Derek's POV

So today has been an ok day, but I haven't seen Meredith since we talked in the supply closet. I have absolutely no idea where I want to take her, but I have a few days to think about that.

I have a surgery in a few hours, but now I can check up on patients and eat some lunch finally it was already 4:00 and I was starving.

I go to the cafeteria and pick out my lunch and I sit with Mark cause he was eating a late lunch too. We start talking and before I know it we have already had an hour lunch.

He says that he has left Addie for too long and that he was in deep shit if he didn't get back soon, so he left.

I was finishing up and I see Meredith walk in she had a smile from ear to ear. She walks up the me and takes a seat where Mark just was and says "You'll never guess what happened today."

I was a little confused and ask "What?" She looks around making sure no one is listening and says "I'm switching to general and my mom is going to be ok with it. And I have a very cool surgical procedure that I came up with and now I get to preform it in a few days."

I am so surprised but yet happy for her and say "congratulations that's wonderful!" She then says "Well my schedule will be very hectic and I don't want to cancel on you again so I was wondering if we could move it to tonight if you wanted."

I was starting to get nervous I thought I had a few days before I had to make a decision on the place that I would take her. But we both didn't want to keep putting it off so I said "Sure what time do you want me to pick you up?"

She says "Does 8:30 work for you?" I say "Sure I'll pick you up at 8:30 and we'll have a fun date." She looks even happier than she did when she walked in and says "Ok see you in a few hours."

She got up and left I was crying inside I had to plan a whole evening in less than 3 and a half hours. I thought I had days, I got up from my seat and began to go to the nearest computer to see restaurants in the area and call to see if one had a reservation at 9:00 giving 30 minutes for driving allowing for traffic.

I look and all I see are steak houses but I don't know if she eats steak I don't know what she's in the mood for. I have to go on a whim, and think how to figure out the best plan.

Then it dawned I could just ask Cristina so I went to find Cristina and asked her what her preferable genre of food was. She said she would ask nonchalant and would get back to me.

She comes back with in 45 minutes and now I only have 2 and a half hours and she says she likes seafood and Italian. I knew about an Italian place that has a beautiful view of the ferry boats and I hadn't gone so I just thought I could make a reservation there and I should be fine. So I called them up and was like "Do you have a reservation for two at 9:00pm tonight?"

The hostess on the other end said "Yes, we just had a cancellation. Is by the water fine?" I wasn't expecting them to have a table much less one by the water so I said "Yes that would be perfect." I thanked her and hung up.

I had the dinner planned and now I just needed to figure out what to wear and to get my self ready. I still had one surgery it was only an hour procedure and it started in 15 minutes so I ran to the scrub room and began the surgery.

The surgery went well no complications and the patient was doing fine. I got in my car and went to the trailer it took me about half an hour and I have like 15 minutes to shower and get ready I rush myself and was out the door with 3 minutes to spare.

I get back into my car and see that I got a message from Meredith saying to text her when I'm there so her parents don't see me. I thought it was a good idea so I get there and tell her I'm outside.

She comes out of the front door and she looks so beautiful. I was stunned to see her. She got in my car and asked "Is what I'm wearing fine for wherever we are eating?" All I could do was nod, I had no words.