Chapter 9

Alex's POV

I just started to fight him and my fist felt nice jammed in his face. I felt so happy and so bliss that I can pin my breakup on someone else, up until Ellis Grey told us sternly to go to office.

Once Derek and I stopped fighting, I was kinda glad she stopped us because he was winning. That kinda hurt that I instigated the fight and was losing.

We got into her office and started yelling, "What in God's name is wrong with you two? Fighting over what? Alex did he pass you up on a surgery? Because I can't think of any other reason why you two would be fighting."

"Oh and please tell me who started this fight, and I swear if you don't tell me the truth, I will know. Cause I will personally ask every nurse who was in the lobby who started it." she said.

Knowing very that it was me who instigated the fight, I decided not to speak to see if he would rat me out. Cause I knew that he slept with her daughter, so if he knew better he would shut up, cause Mer wouldn't want her mother knowing.

She waited for a response and nothing Derek didn't make a sound. Once she got tired of waiting she asked Derek to leave I was confused on why she did this. Like why would she single me out, unless... she knew about how I cheated on Mer.

Derek got up and left, he didn't have one mark on him he looked absolutely fine. Me on the other hand he got a few punches only to where I had blood dripping down my face.

Derek's POV

Ellis asked me to leave to be honest when I didn't answer her questions I that she would take away the offer that she gave me for the clinical trial. But she didn't she just asked me to leave, so I left but I was still curious to see what she wanted to talk to Karev about.

So when I left I ran to the on call room that shared a thin wall with the Chief's office. Once I got there thankfully no one was in there sleeping or anything else, I lock the door behind me and place my ear to the wall.