7 🥀

Kori took a seat down at an empty table inside the quiet library

Kori took a seat down at an empty table inside the quiet library. The only people that came here around this time were people like herself, who enjoyed the scenery of the library at sunset. It made it so much easier to study in such a calm and collective environment.

She sat her study books down and pulled out her computer from her backpack. Sometimes she hated the heavy work and study load she had to deal with in nursing school, but other times, she found herself enjoying it; especially at a time like this. Kori was one of the few people that genuinely wanted to be a nurse because she want to be, not because of the money or anything else like most girls in her class.

Her dream was to always be a pediatric nurse or to work in the NICU, just because of her love for children.

Now settled in the library, she opened her science book and began jotting down notes for her upcoming exam.

"It's a little late for you to be here in the library don't you think?"

Kori felt a presence take a sit in front of her at the table. She sat her pencil down and shifted her focus on the person that had the nerve to interrupt her study time.

"No." She replied lowly not recognizing the unfamiliar face. "Plus it's just the library, it's never too late to come and study. It doesn't close until 8:00." She explained.

"I know I was just messing with you." He smiled. "I'm Amir." He held out his hand for her to shake.

"I'm—" Kori thought for a second "taken." She smiled, slowly pushing his hand away.

"Oh so your boyfriend won't let you have friends?" Amir teased.

"Shhhhhh." A nearby student shushed him as he was interrupting the peace in the library. Everything was silent until he came in.

Kori laughed lowly under her breath using her hand to hide it. "I'm sorry, but my boyfriend is the only friend I need. I'm sure you would want your girl to feel the same way." She kept her voice to a whisper.

Amir thought for a second and shook his head "Nahhh. I'll be out your way though." he stood up pushing his seat back in "nice to meet you though—" he paused looking down at the paper she was writing her notes down on, "Kori." He smirked liking the sound of her name.

Kori shook her head watching Amir leave the library.

"Thank god." Someone whispered under their breath letting out a sigh of relief.

"Glad that kid's gone." Another person agreed letting out a geeky snorkel.

Kori smiled to herself at the reactions of the students in the library. For as long as Kori had been visiting the library to study it had always been the same people here with her, until today . Kori didn't know who this Amir guy was, but she made a reminder to herself to stay far away from him. He seemed like trouble.